350 Warriors

I have 2 offers going for Warriors. The first one is a '95 with new top end, piston, and rings. The owner says it still smokes but it's gradually getting better after 2 hours of idle and light riding. Other than the smoking, the owner says there's no problems. He was asking 1200.

The second offer is for an '87. The owner says there's nothing wrong except it has a bad starter. It doesn't look as good as the other Warrior, but that isn't a huge deal to me. Listed for 1000.

Both of them have agreed to trade for my LT230S and 300 cash. I haven't seen either of them other than pictures. I'm going to see the 1st one tomorrow and the 2nd one on Friday if I don't decide on the 1st one. Which should I go for? I'd definitely go straight for the 2nd one, but it being an '87 kind of makes me uneasy. And the smoking from the 1st one really makes me why from it because the owner might be lying and the rings haven't seated properly or the rings aren't even new and getting worn out. Should I be skeptical? Is the age a problem for the '87? Thanks for your feedback!

Go look at both of them and see which one seems to be better. I'd want to see the receipts for the one that was rebuilt though because according to craigslist, everything on there has been rebuilt.

True to that, but I think I'm gonna go with the 2nd one. The 1st is too sketch for me, and I don't mind spending like 35 bucks for a starter