Cr vs Yzf

3 replies to this topic
  • J-Dawg

Posted February 20, 2002 - 08:03 AM

I recently rode my friends cr450 and was wondering what others thought about the bike. It had good power and light handling,but it was a little quirky.Typical Honda handling!The best thing about the bike was the weight.Is it worth saying the bike is way better?Besides the starting end of it,I would say there is no need for me to buy one till my Yzf falls apart.

• BFLee

Posted February 20, 2002 - 09:28 AM

quirky? Yes, that is an excellent way to describe it. Maybe it is just being used to the Yamaha that makes the 450 feel like that. I was ready to buy one until I rode one. Now I am going to wait and see what comes out next year.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • az426

Posted February 20, 2002 - 10:55 PM

for whats its worth, i own an 01' 426 and think its the funnest bike i ever ridden.contrary to the "hard starting rumor" my bike fires right up
hot or cold.the only thing i dont care much for is the oil changes(every two rides).it runs great and handles friend bought the 450 and let me ride it,my thoughts are:lower and flatter than the 426.docile seeming engine till you twist it a little more then hold on (plenty of power) and it is a 10 on the great looking scale.still it handles great and unless you are an expert there is nothing wrong with the front end.for my money the seperation of engine/tranny oil is a great idea but not worth the extra advice
is test ride em both and make your own decision.

• Odie

Posted February 20, 2002 - 11:23 AM

I've spun a few laps on a CR450F. It's a pretty sweet ride. It's definitely lighter and it starts a little easier. Great motor and awesome looks. But for me, no thanks, I prefer the handling and the awesome hit of my 426. I think both bikes are incredible and each one has it's pros & cons. I don't think the CR is superior contrary to what they say. They're just different. So for me, I never considered selling my 426 to get a CR - that ain't gonna happen. Maybe it's worth it for some, but not for me. Now to have 1 of each is an entirely different ball game - that would be nice.

Related Content

Is the 2016 GYTR Yamaha YZ450F too fast? by Fryboy

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • * - - - -
  • Hot  241 replies

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

• 0 replies

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies

Help with 2000 yz426 by weekend woods racer

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  36 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.