Swingarm spacers where

8 replies to this topic
  • alping45

Posted June 28, 2015 - 08:38 AM

Can someone point me to a diagram that shows the swingarm spacers on a YZ426? I can't locate them on any of the parts diagrams... I feel like a jackass, when I took my motor out of the frame I neglected to look at where the spacers where placed and how many of them there were. Putting motor back in now and I only found 3 spacers all different sizes and I suspect there should be 4. Kind of killing me that I had no problem rebuilding the entire motor top & bottom, and now I'm stuck because of some stupid spacers haha...

• alping45

Posted June 28, 2015 - 12:09 PM

My god this is driving me crazy, it just seems idiotic that I can not find these spacers on any parts diagrams or even in the service manual. WTF can someone please shed some light? Atleast tell me if I should have 4 spacers not 3?

• Krannie McKranface

Posted June 28, 2015 - 03:13 PM

You need the factory service manual

The parts fiche will have generic drawings only

• nilknarf

Posted June 29, 2015 - 07:10 AM

You're welcome!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • alping45

Posted June 29, 2015 - 08:34 AM

You're welcome!

Ok maybe I'm just retarded, but I still don't see the spacers anywhere here. I'm talking the spacers that go between the swing arm, rear motor mount and frame...

• nilknarf

Posted June 29, 2015 - 09:06 AM

are you looking for #23 in http://www.bikebandi...45769#sch112855 ?

or something more like #7, #8, #9 or #10 in http://www.bikebandi...45769#sch116886 ? (note that #7 is actually a thrust washer, thrust bearing and another thrust washer all stacked up together in the diagram)

Not sure there's anything more to see- I just rebuilt the entire linkage setup in my WR426 and I think that between those two diagrams, all the parts are accounted for...

• alping45

Posted June 29, 2015 - 11:16 AM

Neither of those are what I'm after. There are some thin spacers maybe 1/8 thick by 1 5/8 or so, that are sandwhiched between the frame and the outside of the swingarm. I remember them falling out when I pulled the swingarm pin out. I can't even find the swingarm pin in any of the diagrams, I would assume the spacers would be shown with it... And all the 3 that I have now are different sizes so I'm not sure what goes where and really think there should be a 4th one.

The swingarm pin goes through part 23 in the diagram.

Edited by alping45, June 29, 2015 - 11:21 AM.

• alping45

Posted June 29, 2015 - 03:54 PM

Ok, so I am infact retarded... I have been looking at the swingarm in the diagram backwards the whole time. I'm just going to order a rebuild kit, should have everything i need.

• nilknarf

Posted July 01, 2015 - 11:25 AM

There you go!

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.