Hey.... Euro Guys???

4 replies to this topic
  • Bill

Posted May 08, 2001 - 02:01 PM

I was reading the new Dirt Bike. They had a pipe shown made by Arrow. The information spoke about the silencer being quite :)

Has anyone heard one, was it quieter than a stock YZ pipe? Would you know the cost, in US dollars?

Wasn't real pretty (very long)..... went almost to the end of the rear fender :D

97 KDX220, 86 TTR225, 99 WR400f, WR timing, throttle stop trimmed, air box lid removed, White Bros head pipe, silencer and air filter. De-octopussed. Works frame guards and Thumper Rad Guards, Scotts steering damper. Odometer and headlight removed. Cycra Pro-Bend hand and mud guards. YZ stock tank, IMS seat and number plate. Renthal Jimmy Button "highs" and Renthal Soft half waffle grips. AMA, SETRA, Happy Ramblers MXC, Rausch Creek MXC, Tower City Trail Riders.

Posted May 08, 2001 - 07:09 PM

Also, does it require a special header size or diameter? Thanks.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Guest_Guest_*

Posted May 08, 2001 - 09:04 PM

Bill, isn'tthe same pipe as they use in the 500cc World Championship, if so they are much longer than the stock yz type, I think this is how they get them quieter as they have very strict noise levels (no louder than 92 or 94 decibels).

• scoobydoo

Posted May 10, 2001 - 10:11 PM

I, like you prefer a quiet pipe, at the moment I have a WB eseries with quiet core and minimum discs on my WR426 but it's still too loud, when I have the available dollar I will try these two :-
you could always try the english importers for arrow pipes, their website is www.bandcexpress.co.uk they have a full product line up and also an email contact address on this site.
Also of interest may be the CRD site, they are French and heavily involved in the four stroke Yamaha 250/400 world enduro championship team. They make a pipe which they claim to pass the FIM noise test of 92 db!!! but still makes the power. Their website is www.crd-international.com
hope you find what you want

scooby :)

[This message has been edited by scoobydoo (edited 05-11-2001).]

• tm-enduro

Posted May 11, 2001 - 12:25 PM

Good job, hopefully we will see some of these exhaust systems in the US. Arrow is currently imported, but I don't know about CRD. CRD has quite an off-road/enduro pedigree.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.