You Boys looking for something like this

8 replies to this topic
  • stevethe

Posted June 26, 2015 - 04:28 PM

• Krannie McKranface

Posted June 26, 2015 - 06:24 PM

Not even

For those kinds of distances I take a train or a plane...............

• chu

Posted June 27, 2015 - 06:25 AM

Take the rally stuff off and add electric start and I'll think about it.

• Hendricus

Posted July 01, 2015 - 09:24 PM

I think it's cool bike. But Stevethe, I'm don't understanding the question in your title. Are you selling one of these bikes? Are you a dealer for new Dakar type, or ralley type, Yamaha 450's?

Edited by Hendricus, July 01, 2015 - 09:24 PM.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • stevethe

Posted July 02, 2015 - 05:17 AM

Not selling one of the pretty machines. It just that the Yamaha ad seems to introduce the new Dakar bike. Correct me if I'm wrong but it appears the bike is likely a six speed backwards motor electric start new WR450 bike to come in sheep's Dakar clothing.

• chu

Posted July 02, 2015 - 06:02 AM

I didn't see a starter motor but it's probably up front behind the fairing.  Looks like the 250s have it up front.  The green button looks like a starter button.

• woods-rider

Posted July 02, 2015 - 06:30 AM

Nope, I don't enjoy riding dirt roads that much.

• RockerYZWR

Posted July 02, 2015 - 07:17 AM

How do we know it's a six speed?
And I wonder if/doubt it'll come with the hydro clutch.
All in all, though, between the new WR and YZFX, I think we're in for some cool news in the next few months.

• Hendricus

Posted July 02, 2015 - 08:31 AM

I think the low pipe helps if you want to put saddlebags on your bike. I'm thinking of the smaller backpack style that Wolfman makes, or GiantLoop. The hight pipe location, such as it is on a WR or a YZ, causes the saddlebag to be further away from the bike. I like riding with small saddlebags on my off road day trips.

I'd also like to try the Dakar style cowl, with my GPS mounted in there.

All in all, I think these Dakar bikes would make a great dual sport.

But then... my next breath is oogling over a YZ250 2-stroke or a KTM or Husky 2-stroke, wanting to experience the agility of a little less weight.

There's one place I could pull 20 lbs or so from my current WR. I could reduce the size of the sack of potatoes that's mounted rear of the gas tank. :ride: 

It's said many times over in forum chat, " ain't the bike, just say'n..."   

Edited by Hendricus, July 02, 2015 - 08:39 AM.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.