YZ450FX IS ON IT'S WAY

Yamaha YZ450F

214 replies to this topic
  • AtomicGeo

Posted September 04, 2015 - 04:04 PM

Cause he's an Official Team ThumperTalk member

TeamTT.png

:smirk:

Edited by AtomicGeo, September 04, 2015 - 04:05 PM.

• KennyMc

Posted September 04, 2015 - 04:33 PM

It's a couple pounds lighter, the 2016 YZ450F

I DON'T CARE about the weight, as I know it will be lighter than a WR, and I will plate this one too..........

You'll pay the extra $$ to plate the red sticker??

• Monk

Posted September 04, 2015 - 04:40 PM

Cause he's an Official Team ThumperTalk member

TeamTT.png

:smirk:

So am I, what's your point?

• AtomicGeo

Posted September 04, 2015 - 05:23 PM

So am I, what's your point?

People on this site have some great insight and advice on various aspects of the WR (I learn alot from you all)...not all of it is gospel even if you're a Team Member.  What's your point?  

Edited by AtomicGeo, September 04, 2015 - 05:24 PM.

• Monk

Posted September 04, 2015 - 05:32 PM

People on this site have some great insight and advice on various aspects of the WR (I learn alot from you all)...not all of it is gospel even if you're a Team Member. What's your point?

Maybe I read your original statement wrong. I thought you were taking a shot at him (and Team)...

• AtomicGeo

Posted September 04, 2015 - 06:04 PM

Maybe I read your original statement wrong. I thought you were taking a shot at him (and Team)...

No...he and you have provided some great posts and advice.  IMO, there are all types of riders here (Team and non-Team) that contribute greatly....there is (at least for me) an aspect to riding that cannot come from someone's experience or knowledge about a particular bike but ones own "feel" for it on their own ability level...I am hoping the the 450FX lives up to what all of us want: the thrill of a moto.  

• cubera

Posted September 04, 2015 - 06:33 PM

Look around the first of the year for the YZ450FX and the new WR platform. They'll be wide ratio five speeds like the current WR 450 with E-start, 18 inch rear wheel, etc. A little fly on the wall told me so and asked if I want one.....

• DPete

Posted September 06, 2015 - 12:45 PM

Ya 5 spd is good, why would you want a 6 speed with that much horsepower ? also a 3 gal tank would be awsome

Edited by DPete, September 06, 2015 - 12:59 PM.

• chu

Posted September 06, 2015 - 02:37 PM

For supermoto or dual sport it would be nice to have another gear.  If you gear really tall to make 5th a cruising gear the ratios start to get a little wide.  The torque curve is broad but you start to notice the gaps when you gear that tall.

• Andrew Puetz

Posted September 07, 2015 - 04:54 AM

Look around the first of the year for the YZ450FX and the new WR platform. They'll be wide ratio five speeds like the current WR 450 with E-start, 18 inch rear wheel, etc. A little fly on the wall told me so and asked if I want one.....

Yes, it would be nice to get some facts on this bad boy and a WR!!  Too much speculation!  I want some details. Hopefully the current FI tuners will work for the new ones as well.  Yamaha seems to be on a roll.  Hopefully the other 3 wake up and create some competition and better bikes will follow.  

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • cubera

Posted September 07, 2015 - 05:33 AM

Yes. Dirt bikes are better than ever. Still the CRFX line is hard to beat especially for the money. Worth considering since Honda's "old" technology is still being chased by the rest of the pack sans Yamaha now.

Edited by cubera, September 07, 2015 - 03:01 PM.

• chu

Posted September 09, 2015 - 06:14 AM

It's already been state to be a 5 speed in the CARB report.

Nice thing about that is the money I'll save by not buying one.

• ziggs

Posted October 06, 2015 - 09:39 AM

I don't understand why the 250FX and 450FX are so much heavier than their moto counterparts. This bike weighs 262lbs wet.
I'm in love with the concept but they are chunky ass bikes

• 3Deuces

Posted October 06, 2015 - 12:28 PM

Guessing nobody saw this?

http://www.dirtrider...wr450f-unveiled

• OUTERLIMITS

Posted October 06, 2015 - 02:12 PM

Guessing nobody saw this?

http://www.dirtrider...wr450f-unveiled

Nice, basically as we thought.

• Krannie McKranface

Posted October 06, 2015 - 02:14 PM

I don't understand why the 250FX and 450FX are so much heavier than their moto counterparts. This bike weighs 262lbs wet.
I'm in love with the concept but they are chunky ass bikes

Yeah, it's 16lbs heavier than the KTM, and 8lbs heavier than the BETA.

Your priorities are out of whack.....

But the Yamaha is ONE THOUSAND FOUR HUNDERED DOLLARS LESS EXPENSIVE, and that's only right now. 
By the end of the year it will be $2k less expensive.

• cubera

Posted October 06, 2015 - 04:33 PM

Plus the blue bike will be running strong for much longer and if does need work parts are available and affordable.... Just sayin

• cubera

Posted October 06, 2015 - 04:34 PM

The weight numbers are bullshit anyway

• jmd426

Posted October 06, 2015 - 04:58 PM

Yeah, it's 16lbs heavier than the KTM, and 8lbs heavier than the BETA.

Your priorities are out of whack.....

But the Yamaha is ONE THOUSAND FOUR HUNDERED DOLLARS LESS EXPENSIVE, and that's only right now. 
By the end of the year it will be $2k less expensive.

Are ya still lookin at the beta's or shooting for one of these bad boys?

• Krannie McKranface

Posted October 06, 2015 - 04:59 PM

Are ya still lookin at the beta's or shooting for one of these bad boys?

.........BOTH.........

Related Content

Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.