YZ450FX IS ON IT'S WAY

Yamaha YZ450F

214 replies to this topic
  • tomerb

Posted August 18, 2015 - 10:13 AM

The YZ FX no lights...........

• Krannie McKranface

Posted August 18, 2015 - 10:37 AM

does it comes with lights a option for you guys...?
or.. is that a silly question.......................... ;)

Unknown but I doubt it.

• MM73

Posted September 01, 2015 - 09:48 PM

....... If the yz had elec. start I'd have one by now. That's really the only must have for me. Don't want lights and you can easily add a little flywheel weight, some handguards, maybe gear down a little and I'd be happy. I could get by with the 5 spd. too.........

I agree .... but suspension?

• MidlifeCrisisGuy

Posted September 02, 2015 - 07:15 AM

The YZ FX no lights...........

But the YZ250FX has enough electrical power that you can add some.   That is 3/4 of the battle for lights as far as I am concerned.

And, with the latest generation of LEDs, you could run them from a simple battery.

• MidlifeCrisisGuy

Posted September 02, 2015 - 07:21 AM

Wrong thread.

Edited by MidlifeCrisisGuy, September 02, 2015 - 07:22 AM.

• Krannie McKranface

Posted September 03, 2015 - 06:55 PM

• OUTERLIMITS

Posted September 03, 2015 - 07:52 PM

It's coming, whether a 5 or 6 speed is the big question.

• AtomicGeo

Posted September 03, 2015 - 07:59 PM

Where's the X in that vid?  :confused:

• tomerb

Posted September 03, 2015 - 09:28 PM

:lame: ............ :cripple:

• RockerYZWR

Posted September 04, 2015 - 11:11 AM

They must have gone through a whole can of SC1 on that bike, man.  Shiny.  Don't know what the video has to do with a YZ450FX, but it's nice looking for sure.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Krannie McKranface

Posted September 04, 2015 - 11:23 AM

They must have gone through a whole can of SC1 on that bike, man.  Shiny.  Don't know what the video has to do with a YZ450FX, but it's nice looking for sure.

That is the Euro YZ450F factory bike, with estart, from the factory.

EXTREMELY relevant, if you ask me.

Calling it LAME is just another hater uninformed attitude, as usual.

• RockerYZWR

Posted September 04, 2015 - 11:34 AM

That is the Euro YZ450F factory bike, with estart, from the factory.

EXTREMELY relevant, if you ask me.

Calling it LAME is just another hater uninformed attitude, as usual.

Ah ha - I didn't catch that little starter button up there.  I think OUTERLIMITS is right on - it's coming, but is it a five or six speed?  We should know soon.

YZ450FM%20E%20Start.jpg

• Krannie McKranface

Posted September 04, 2015 - 01:21 PM

Ah ha - I didn't catch that little starter button up there.  I think OUTERLIMITS is right on - it's coming, but is it a five or six speed?  We should know soon.

......or the giant starter motor on the left side of the motor......?

It will be 5 speed, same as the track YZ.

There is no way Yamaha will engineer a completely new gearbox just for this model. 

The cases would have to be larger anyway.....unless you do it the KTM way, and provide a motor with no torque,  so you can make the gears slimmer.....

• MidlifeCrisisGuy

Posted September 04, 2015 - 01:39 PM

That bike has no kick starter on it like some of the European bikes.

KTM dropped the weight of their 450SXF by about 10 pounds.   I wonder if Yamaha made the YZ450F lighter as well.

The YZ at 1:18 in this video has an electric starter too.

At 1:44 they show the guy starting with the estarter.

I could live with a 5 speed.

Edited by MidlifeCrisisGuy, September 04, 2015 - 01:43 PM.

• Krannie McKranface

Posted September 04, 2015 - 02:21 PM

It's a couple pounds lighter, the 2016 YZ450F

I DON'T CARE about the weight, as I know it will be lighter than a WR, and I will plate this one too..........

• OUTERLIMITS

Posted September 04, 2015 - 02:40 PM

There is no way Yamaha will engineer a completely new gearbox just for this model. 

The cases would have to be larger anyway.....unless you do it the KTM way, and provide a motor with no torque,  so you can make the gears slimmer.....

Krannie, why do you say no way to a 6 speed?  After all, Yamaha did it to the YZ250FX and the WR250F.  A 5-speed would not be a deal killer for me, but if it was the same mx gear box as the YZ (ratio wise) I would have no use for it over the standard YZ.  An e-start is something I do not need, but would take it with a useful off road gear box, 5 speed or 6 speed.

• Chaconne

Posted September 04, 2015 - 02:56 PM

:lol: :lol: :lol:

• Krannie McKranface

Posted September 04, 2015 - 03:15 PM

Krannie, why do you say no way to a 6 speed?  After all, Yamaha did it to the YZ250FX and the WR250F.  A 5-speed would not be a deal killer for me, but if it was the same mx gear box as the YZ (ratio wise) I would have no use for it over the standard YZ.  An e-start is something I do not need, but would take it with a useful off road gear box, 5 speed or 6 speed.

All the 250's are 6 speed, cause  the YZ is 6speed

All the 450's will  be 5 speed, because the YZ is 5 speed.

• OUTERLIMITS

Posted September 04, 2015 - 03:26 PM

All the 250's are 6 speed, cause  the YZ is 6speed

All the 450's will  be 5 speed, because the YZ is 5 speed.

The 2014 YZ250F was a 5-speed as was the 2014 WR250F. As are the current YZ250F's.  Both the YZ250FX and WR250F are now 6-speeds.  This is why I have some hope for the 450FX, but if not, if it has the current 5-speed WR450F gear box, that's miles better than the 5-speed YZ450F gear box as far as general off road use goes.  

• ckny

Posted September 04, 2015 - 03:33 PM

KRANNIE knows jack shit, why are you guys even listening?

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.