426 Supermoto Electrical Help!

2 replies to this topic
  • yamahakid426

Posted June 25, 2015 - 05:39 PM

Ive tired supermoto junkie but that hasnt been much help so im trying here. So im building my first supermoto right now but im having trouble on how to wire the stator through the regulator/rectifier and into the battery. Here is a diagram i have of the parts i have to work with and actual pictures. If im right or wrong id appreciate help. The stator has 2 yellow wires coming out but the reg/rect has 1 yellow input top right, but the site says the bottom left should be a white wire but on diagrams ive seen the white puts out ac too so i just assume its the same as the second yellow. Then the reg/rect has a black ground on the bottom right. Then it has a red wire with a 12v dc output and i have a 30amp inline fuse to put on. Thanks!

Attached Thumbnails

• hooper.jpg
  • _1277388033.JPG
  • esl380_2.jpg

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • BLACK DEATH

Posted June 26, 2015 - 02:37 PM

If its like the mini bikes, one yellow you ground out.
Don't quote me on that but its what I've seen before.

• grayracer513

Posted June 26, 2015 - 03:13 PM

The way it's drawn looks pretty clear to me.  Plug the two yellows in as shown, and run the black to ground, and the red is your DC power lead. 

Related Content

Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.