Where to find white wr headlight

9 replies to this topic
  • yz2009

Posted June 25, 2015 - 02:53 PM

I'm trying to find the entire highlight assembly from a 2008-2011 wr450

Every parts diagram I look at I can find the blue and white one but I can't find the all white one. I know they made it be used they produced a white bike. I just can't find where to buy it. Anyone know?

• stevethe

Posted June 25, 2015 - 03:34 PM

I'm trying to find the entire highlight assembly from a 2008-2011 wr450
Every parts diagram I look at I can find the blue and white one but I can't find the all white one. I know they made it be used they produced a white bike. I just can't find where to buy it. Anyone know?

Nope never made white. Either paint it or get a 2012.

• yz2009

Posted June 25, 2015 - 03:47 PM

Well I feel dumb now. I guess all the pictures I've seen are either painted ones or really good 3rd party ones.

The 2012+ headlights have a different mounting pattern don't they?

• stevethe

Posted June 25, 2015 - 04:14 PM

Krannie has a 2012 on his and they are white.
They don't even make a stock type aftermarket in white. I used white plastic paint on my Supermoto.

• Krannie McKranface

Posted June 25, 2015 - 05:00 PM

2012 fits with a bit of fab 

Acerbis or Polysport might make a white one

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • yz2009

Posted June 25, 2015 - 08:55 PM

What kind of fab was needed to make it fit? Im pretty handy but dont have access to anything to make intricate metal brackets and what not

• foggy3061

Posted June 25, 2015 - 09:42 PM

If you have standard lower triple clamps the 2012 headlight bolts straight on to a 2007 to 2011 wr, no fabrication required.

You will have to change the headlight connector wiring though.

• Krannie McKranface

Posted June 26, 2015 - 04:22 AM

If you have standard lower triple clamps the 2012 headlight bolts straight on to a 2007 to 2011 wr, no fabrication required.

You will have to change the headlight connector wiring though.

I used the 2012 mount brackets too.

• RockerYZWR

Posted June 26, 2015 - 01:01 PM

I bought a new blue housing from boats.net for around $20, which doesn't come with the white number plate graphic, gave the plastic a good cleaning with paint prep/wax remover, and then gave it four or five coats of Krylon Fusion white.  It held up really well over a full season of desert racing (lots of brush scratching and a few solid wrecks) and has just a small amount of scratching/chipping on the front outer edges of the plastic.  Easily touch-up-able, which is what I will do when I change plastics and graphics later this summer.  So if you prefer the look of the 07-11, which I do, this is a viable and inexpensive option.

I also took some extra graphic material and cut it to add a little color to it, which also helps protect it a little.

vehicles-372959-0-59459000-1408582757.jp

• fixitandy

Posted June 26, 2015 - 08:24 PM

Apparently you can get an all white WR headlight cowling, check out TT member smackit he has one one his which he got whilst visiting China last summer, & was maybe going back this summer & was gonna try & source me a couple, but my last couple of PM's have gone unanswered hope he wasn't blowing smoke up my butt, as we here in Australia did get an all white WR & a black model but the headlight, although very similar in profile & shape has a larger/ taller lens & a slightly larger/taller number plate/ top section which we call the ADR headlight for road going purposes, so if you try & PM smackit as well we might just make enough noise to awaken him again.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.