WR400 Brake Light Switch

2 replies to this topic
  • JMM_Illinois

Posted February 20, 2004 - 07:37 PM

I am looking to add a hydraulic brake light switch to my 2000 WR400. Does anyone know if the "WB Hydraulic Brake Light Switch, Part No. 45-145" listed in the Electrical / Tail Lights section of the TT Store will fit my bike. I thought I have seen a couple of different sizes of switches available, but this one does not mention a size. Thanks for your help.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Frostbite

Posted February 21, 2004 - 01:47 PM

I got mine at denniskirk.com. It simply replaces the banjo bolt and fit my 99 400. It only took a minute to pop in and I didn't even have to bleed the brakes.
Hydraulic Brake Light Switch
part# 210370

• JMM_Illinois

Posted February 27, 2004 - 09:46 AM

Sorry to beat a dead horse here, but that Dennis Kirk part number 21-0370 says it "fits most European motorcycles; 10mm dia x 1.00mm thread pitch." DK part number 21-0369 says it fits most Japanese street & off-road motorcycles; 10mm x 1.25mm thread ptich. I would have guessed that the 1.25mm thread would have fit the WR. Can you or anyone confirm that the 10mm x 1.00mm fitting fits the WR rear brake? Thanks again.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.