2008 WR450FX Clutch push lever shaft bearing and seal

2 replies to this topic
  • DarcyS

Posted June 23, 2015 - 08:49 AM

Anyone have any experience removing the clutch push lever shaft bearing and seal?  I am rebuilding the clutch and the existing push lever has a small amount of scoring.  The scoring looks like it is where the seal rides.  I am replacing it and want to replace the bearing and seal at the same time.  There is a clip that looks easy enough to remove but no where in the manual does it show how to remove the seal and bearing.  Not sure if I can pull it out or if has to pushed out from inside the crankcase.  Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted June 23, 2015 - 10:16 AM

The seal is usually just a a matter of popping it out with a hook of whatever sort.  The bearing would need to be drawn out with a blind bearing puller on a small slide hammer.  Auto parts stores will often loan such things for free.  However, it is very unlikely that the bearing needs replacement, so unless you really have a reason, just leave it there. 

• DarcyS

Posted June 23, 2015 - 10:32 AM

Thanks for the quick response, makes sense.  Will leave bearing alone.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.