No spark - 2012 WR 450

2 replies to this topic
  • Frostbite

Posted June 21, 2015 - 12:59 PM

I just installed a new Safari fuel tank on my WR. The bike was working perfectly before the install. I poured some fuel in the tank, the engine fired up right away, but it only ran for 10 seconds and quit.

I couldn't restart so I pulled the tank off to check things over and eventually discovered there was no spark. The bike has very low hours. I'll assume that I bumped something when I replaced the tank, but I can't find anything wrong, and it's strange that it ran for 10 seconds.

Anybody have any ideas? Is there a sensor that would kill the spark if it sensed something off kilter?

I had to unwrap the wiring harness a bit to allow the fuel pump wires to reach the new location, but no wires were cut or stretched, and if they were then the bike wouldn't have initially ran. I'm stumped.

Attached Thumbnails

• 450 April 2015.jpeg

Edited by Frostbite, June 21, 2015 - 12:59 PM.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Frostbite

Posted June 21, 2015 - 01:22 PM

After searching a bit more here I'm thinking I hit the lean angle sensor, which is located under the fuel tank. I see that the bike will run a few seconds on it's side then shut off, so I'm guessing I bumped or bent the sensor so it thinks the bike is laying down. 

• buhlockay

Posted June 22, 2015 - 04:41 PM

I agree lean angle sensor.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.