SHOCK NITROGEN SET UP?

3 replies to this topic
  • AIRJORDAN

Posted February 19, 2002 - 04:38 PM

I went to a welding/gas supply today. Wanted to buy nitrogen & regulator. They do not carry regulators between 150psi and 500psi. A shock needs 175. My point is a 500psi regulator is 335.00. I would just like my own setup so I don't have to go to a shop when ever I service it. That was a little more money than I expected. Is there a less expensive way or is this the only way? I have no clue

• DaveJ

Posted February 19, 2002 - 09:13 PM

AJ,

I don't think there is a cheap way around this.

K&L Supply is the sourch for welding tank regulators used for suspension refill. It's what most shops use.

In addition to this, you'll still need a guage. I tried a Race-Tech unit once, but returned it and purchased a Motion Pro system. About $160.

If you don't want to go with the welder tank and regulator, you may be able to get a used paint ball tank that has the regulator built in. These sell on E-Bay for about $150 at best. Most paintball shops can refill them. Search for "nitrogen".

And of course you'll need to adapt the two, but that shouldnt take too much.

At best case, I don't think you'll get into this for any less than $250 or so.

I have local shops I take mine to at $6 to $8 per fill. You'll be surprised how many moto stores do this.

Good luck and here are some links.

DaveJ

http://www.klsupply....-Suspension.asp

http://www.motionpro...nsiontools.html

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • MX_Tuner

Posted February 20, 2002 - 02:13 AM

I have the Race Tech gauge/regulator combo and am very happy with it. I tried and tried to get a decent cheap set up and just couldn't do it. After wasting a good bit of time and money, I went ahead and coughed up the bucks for the right thing.

• AIRJORDAN

Posted February 20, 2002 - 03:02 PM

Our bike shops are weak here in N.J. Nobody has nitrogen within 1 hour from my house. I did however get my shock filled today for just 33.00 dollars (ouch) Lucky my seat is soft)LOL.

Now you can see why I would like my own set up.

Later. A.J.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

Should I buy this bike? help....... by Numsa Hul

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   What bike should I buy?
  • 10 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.