Question about clutch basket

4 replies to this topic
  • Clutchup

Posted June 18, 2015 - 06:52 PM

Hey guys i recently rebuilt my motor and it has been good but my clutch has been draging. I ripped apart the clutch to find out my inner hub was stuck to the bssket. Im ghinking i over tightend it dince i used an impact gun. I loosened the nut and tightend it agsin but not to much and its better now. The inner hub spins now but every couple turns semms to get a little tight then spins frer again. If i loosen the nut more it spins fine but i feel it is too loose. Also if i grab the basket from a finfer on top and one on the bottom and wiggle it up and down therebis a tiny bit of play is this normal? I know theres bushings on the back of the clutch basket im not sure if there worn out.

• grayracer513

Posted June 18, 2015 - 08:15 PM

If you have created an interference problem by over torquing, the place that would likely show up would be the back of the splines on the boss (hub).  You've probably made an impression of the splines in the otherwise flat surface of the boss that bears against the main shaft splines when it's torqued down, and that's allowing the boss to move inward toward the basket.  A new boss is the fix if this is the case.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Clutchup

Posted June 19, 2015 - 06:08 AM

Ok and what about up and down play and left and right is that just the bushing worn out im thinking im gona have to pick up a used basket and inner hub.

• grayracer513

Posted June 19, 2015 - 06:29 AM

Sounds like it.

• Clutchup

Posted June 19, 2015 - 12:16 PM

Sounds like it.

alrite found me a used hub hopefully everything is good after this. The  motor is running good now with new crank 

Edited by Clutchup, June 19, 2015 - 12:17 PM.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

The "going back to the other darkside" adventure... by Monk

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250/350/450/505 SX-F & XC-F (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  94 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.