Clutch Issues

3 replies to this topic
  • yamahakid426

Posted June 18, 2015 - 04:48 PM

Hello all, so ive done a clutch redo before (aka new plates and springs) but this one is stumping me im a little rusty, basically my clutch was really hard so i got a new cable and adjusted it and it got a little easier to pull but still stiff. i replaced the plates and this is where i need help. Should the bolts on the springs be tightened until they stop and then torque them? when i do that it gets harder to pull. i screwdriver tightened them all the way and then backed them off 2 turns and that made it easier to pull in (still stiff) and the action seemed the same. Can anybody help please? Thanks

• 03yzf450-kuke

Posted June 18, 2015 - 06:25 PM

Tighten them until they stop and then set them to the proper torque which im pretty sure is 5.8 ft lbs. If you think its too stiff of a clutch buy an ez pull clutch system.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • yamahakid426

Posted June 18, 2015 - 06:50 PM

Thanks for the help, got it tightened up and just ordered an ez pull system

• grayracer513

Posted June 18, 2015 - 08:08 PM

The correct torque is 7.2 ft/lb (87 in/lb)

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.