Quick help needed? Will 2002 XR400 fit in back of 2011 Sierra?

Hi Guys,

Pulled the plug on a 2002 XR400...

Will this bad boy fit into the back of my 2011 GMC Sierra REGULAR CAB?

I need to know, as I am picking this beauty up on Saturday and need to know if I should buy one of those carriers that fit into your 2" reciever, like this one:

http://www.princessauto.com/en/detail/400-lb-aluminum-hitch-mount-motorcycle-dirt-bike-carrier/A-p8554297e

Thanks for any input.  Cheers.

Might have to leave tail gate down if it's a short box,, hell I've put 2 bikes easily in the back of a Toyota Tacoma. Get a ramp, some straps and a sturdy step you can use so the top of the tailgate doesn't have to be done in 1 step. Helps for unloading also.

Edited by michigan400

You guys are &%$#@!ing classy here...

I've owned more 3 wheelers, quads and dirtbikes then most of you can dream of...always used my trailer to haul, hence this simple &%$#@!ing question.

A simple question, and all the BS snark.

Need to find a site with adults, not &%$#@!ing 13 yr olds....

&%$#@! this joint.  Keep driving away all the new guys, I'm sure that's a smart business plan.

I've owned more 3 wheelers, quads and dirtbikes then most of you can dream of...always used my trailer to haul, hence this simple &%$#@!ing question.

&%$#@! this joint. Keep driving away all the new guys, I'm sure that's a smart business plan.

what was wrong with Michigan 400's answer?.
  • Like 2

OK. I was polite but go ahead and buy the hitch thing if you want. My step suggestion is actually a good one that most people don't do. Especially if you have short legs like me. Makes loading and unloading by yourself much easier. Or,,, just do it however you want. Any site is gonna give you a mix of BS and helpful answers.

&%$#@! this joint.  Keep driving away all the new guys, I'm sure that's a smart business plan.

Easy there tiger. Your initial post said nothing about bed length, just the cab style so excuse the excitement to have some fun on your behalf. Short bed or long bed? If you have the revered 2.4384 Meter bed the bike will fit with room to spare and tailgate closed, if you have the shorter 1.8288 meter bed the bike will still fit with the tailgate closed if you turn the bike at an angle.

Hope I didn't hurt your feelings. Who shops at a place called "Princess Auto" anyhow?

Ok so, it's not his first dirtbike. Maybe his first internet forum?

Most folks here like a little more info to prevent that initial "???????? What????" reaction.

If you'd have added "I've owned more 3 wheelers, quads and dirtbikes then most of you can dream of...always used my trailer to haul" in the first post, I'm betting response would have been different.

What kind of thing would that be BR? Dealing with folks that have skin the thickness of a coffee filter?

I just thought they could pass on some of their experience hauling bikes to the track since they're obviously old enough to drive.

• 2 weeks later...

Lol, I am still laughing, you guys are killing me, from the original question all the way through. It's time to load your pick-ups with your bikes to AZ and we can all go for a ride.

Only if you bike fits! Lol

Who shops at a place called "Princess Auto" anyhow?

Canadian version of Harbor Freight, so tons of people shop there.  The company started as a small parts store on Princess Street in Winnipeg MB, hence the name.

We don't have an ultra-religious homophobic culture like the US, and don't give two shits about what a company calls itself.

Ride on!

relax, the OP has had 3 posts here since Feb 2015. About one post every two months and until this thread, and has never responded to any of the replies that have been offered. I will patiently wait for the August attempt. Until then, let's all stay hopped up on maple syrup.

Headed out right now to see if my bike in fact fits in my truck.