Top Speed on Stock YZ426

3 replies to this topic
  • blueshortridge

Posted June 16, 2015 - 02:35 PM

I've put about 40 miles on the old yz recently converted. I totally love this bike. It's really enjoyable. Keep in mind the gearing is all stock,and Wheels are stock dirt bike tires. First day taking it freeway and I got up to 98.9 mph (says the trail tech vapor speedo). It is accurate, I had my buddy run beside me in his car. Just wanted to share this little achievement.

Also Let me know what you all think. I'd like to do some mods because it has some cons (not really comfortable long rides, throttle skips at high speeds, oil is fine but coolant keeps leaking under skid plate) just some issues I'll get worked out. I really need dual sport tires too without changing the rims if anyone has suggestions.

Pics: before and after
ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1434493995.495128.jpg ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1434494006.048092.jpg

• T.RexRacing

Posted June 16, 2015 - 02:48 PM

Looks like fun. Those things were a bear to start weren't they? What do you mean by dual sport tires? More street than dirt?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • blueshortridge

Posted June 16, 2015 - 04:58 PM

Looks like fun. Those things were a bear to start weren't they?

Yes it is. Normally it starts 2-3 kick with choke and starts first kick when hot. The idle is what's hard, I find myself changing it all the time. If it dies at a red light normally I'll have to delay traffic

• Damper

Posted January 09, 2016 - 03:52 AM

The 426 has a dicky fifth gear, look after it by changing into it with care or you'll throw it.... I had a 426 ( Australian rider ) and it was the bees knees, ducks guts on the highway, lots of fun...
Over here the 426 has one of the best reps around and everyone who's ever owned or ridden love them....
After fifth gear went on mine I upped the teeth on the from and downed them on the back.... The motors are bullet proof except for the box

Related Content

Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

The "going back to the other darkside" adventure... by Monk

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250/350/450/505 SX-F & XC-F (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  94 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.