09 Wr450, speedo/hub problems

2 replies to this topic
  • logan007

Posted June 16, 2015 - 05:20 AM

Alright guys, hopefully someone will be able to help me. I have an 09 wr450 with excel wheels and talon hubs(supremo wheels). The talon hubs are made to accept the stock speedo. For some reason my front hub gets warm after riding. The speedo side has recently been squeaking. After removing the axle and looking at the hub where the speedo drive sits it appears that it has been melting. The plastic tabs inside the speedo drive have deep groves in them as pictured. Anyone have any ideas about what I'm doing wrong? Also is there a way I can get a new speedo drive? 

Attached Thumbnails

• image1.JPG
  • image2.JPG

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Krannie McKranface

Posted June 16, 2015 - 12:14 PM

Who told you the Talon hub was compatable? 

I've never seen any.

• logan007

Posted June 16, 2015 - 05:06 PM

From my understanding talon makes some hubs that are compatible. My hub looks exactly the same as the stock one. (the two metal tabs coming off the speedo side) so I would assume that they are. 

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.