WR450F 12+ (EFI) Gas Tank any recommendations?

23 replies to this topic
  • Spiritwalker2222

Posted June 22, 2015 - 11:15 AM

I think Chu is talking about the ignition timing, not the fueling.

• chu

Posted June 22, 2015 - 02:18 PM

I would think if the spark comes later the fuel might not burn as completely.  Maybe you could cut some fuel where there's negative timing numbers.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • WRF-Rowdy

Posted June 23, 2015 - 12:24 AM

I think Chu is talking about the ignition timing, not the fueling.

Damn, yor're right :facepalm:

My bad, I stand corrected, sorry chu, you are correct, :thumbsup:

shifting the spark way back towards "late" (negative PowerTuner numbers)  will lessen efficiency.

It was very interesting to witness back when my buddy's WR426F CDI had the microcontroller die

(no spark advance anymore) but the fallback startup circuitry still alive:

The bike would fire up a readily as ever, you could ride it at walking speed

but any decent throttle opening would be of no effect. :banghead:

The engine did ignite every combustion cycle nicely, no backfiring, stalling or surging,

but it did make absolutely no usable power. It does take really long to ride home with 15 mph :ride:

Our reasoning was the ignition did fire at the kickstart timing, w/o ever advancing.

Ingesting a suitable amount of fuel and igniting it very late, w/o producing adaequate power must indeed be very inefficient.

Edited by WRF-Rowdy, June 23, 2015 - 12:40 AM.

• OUTERLIMITS

Posted June 24, 2015 - 02:16 PM

Here's a thread from advrider with a little info on the Clarke as far as mounting with Unibiker and GYTR rad guards

http://www.advrider....=934766&page=26

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.