Choosing wr450f or drz400sm for supermoto

Hey i am new to this site and always read forums to answer my questions but now i can't make a for sure decision of what i want to do. I really like yamaha bikes and wanted to buy a new bike for a supermoto going to and from work. I want to buy the wr450f and convert it but was wondering if anybody could give me a list of what i would need to do to make it last a 40 mile one way trip and sometimes will be in traffic or if i should just go the easy route and get the dry thats already to go. i just know i would be more happy with the wrf. Like would i need to put a fan on the radiator like the drz or add an oil cooler onto it? more technical things like that thanks a lot.

It shouldn't be too far. These bikes come as street bikes in other countries.

Using a fan might be a good idea. I just use more coolant than water and have never had a issue idling at a light.

A DRZ is also a reliable bike and is ready to go.

If you want a full list of stuff for a WR supermoto go to supermoto junkie and look in the Yamaha section. There are many many WR450 supermoto bikes.

How about an oil cooler would that be a must? Or would I be alright not putting one on? I'm ok with doing oil changes more periodically just wondering how much I would have to do it with the wr.

Any WR I owned came with an coolant catch tank which made them over-heat resistant:

While EXC would hide their rider in clouds of steam my WR was boiling its coolant

in the tank at the rear, until I got to a secition for second gear.  Then the boiling stop.

Any WR I owned came with a dry sump lubraication system. While running only 1 quart

of engine oil, no one felt it necessary to add an oil cooler.  Just make sure there is enough

oil. However I did like it better when the oil tank was in the frame. I dry sump system of

my '12 looks fishy to me, having the tank down inside the engine case.

They are admittedly heavy, compared to EXC of CRF-X (no experience with then)

but they are indestructible.