Best place to buy Titanium Valves Online

6 replies to this topic
  • dougla12

Posted June 13, 2015 - 12:26 PM

Hey guys, I'm here, just wondering where is the best and most affordable for just the 5 titanium valves. 2006 WR450F

• jmd426

Posted June 13, 2015 - 01:36 PM

Parts pit.com 364.00 for all 5 oem ti valves..  Partzilla/ boats.net 331.00 for all 5

I have yet to run across any after market ti valves that are cheaper than stock

I personally would go this route

www.rockymountainatvmc.com/p/2838/25878/Pro-X-Steel-Exhaust-Valve-Spring-Kit?v=3912

www.rockymountainatvmc.com/p/2838/24289/Pro-X-Steel-Intake-Valve-Spring-Kit?v=3912

And you can never go wrong with kibblewhite

What ever choice you decide to go with on valves, Do your self a favor and do it right and get the seats cut!

Edited by jmd426, June 13, 2015 - 01:44 PM.

• mikenash

Posted June 15, 2015 - 09:24 PM

I would go with oem valves but that's just me.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted June 18, 2015 - 08:50 AM

Parts pit.com 364.00 for all 5 oem ti valves..  Partzilla/ boats.net 331.00 for all 5

I have yet to run across any after market ti valves that are cheaper than stock

I personally would go this route

www.rockymountainatvmc.com/p/2838/25878/Pro-X-Steel-Exhaust-Valve-Spring-Kit?v=3912

www.rockymountainatvmc.com/p/2838/24289/Pro-X-Steel-Intake-Valve-Spring-Kit?v=3912

And you can never go wrong with kibblewhite

What ever choice you decide to go with on valves, Do your self a favor and do it right and get the seats cut!

Providing the Pro-X stuff is good quality, that may be a good, inexpensive choice. 

The trouble with Kibblewhite is that while the valves themselves, as well as the other stuff that goes with them, is very good quality, and the valves are actually less expensive than OEM Ti is, they expect you to use their very expensive spring set, which includes some very nice titanium retainers, along with them, and that brings the price back to more than OEM valves and springs.  $331 for the set of 5 OEM valves plus $40 for new springs is a good price for the kind of quality the OEM stuff offers.

More than "doing yourself a favor", professional cutting or grinding of  the seats is mandatory if you expect the valves to seal properly and last for a respectable amount of time.  Otherwise, you may as well throw money in the trash.

• jmd426

Posted June 18, 2015 - 04:40 PM

Providing the Pro-X stuff is good quality, that may be a good, inexpensive choice. 

The trouble with Kibblewhite is that while the valves themselves, as well as the other stuff that goes with them, is very good quality, and the valves are actually less expensive than OEM Ti is, they expect you to use their very expensive spring set, which includes some very nice titanium retainers, along with them, and that brings the price back to more than OEM valves and springs.  $331 for the set of 5 OEM valves plus $40 for new springs is a good price for the kind of quality the OEM stuff offers.

More than "doing yourself a favor", professional cutting or grinding of  the seats is mandatory if you expect the valves to seal properly and last for a respectable amount of time.  Otherwise, you may as well throw money in the trash.

The reason I said do your self a favor is because i didn't want here the " my dads brothers uncles sisters husband said you aint gotta do that crap".  It was my way of softly saying, have your dam seats cut!    I see it as mandatory and you do to, but many people try to skip that step and some how a lot of them get away with it, short term. Beats the hell outta me.  The pro x stuff is good quality and good price that y i recommended it, All tho the kibblewhite stuff is better but like you said costly, in all actuality they will cost you more than the oem valves by the time you get the spring kits.

• pomoco

Posted June 18, 2015 - 05:49 PM

The guides need to be checked too. I have dell west ti valves in my crf that have over a hundred MX hours and haven't needed any adjustment.

• grayracer513

Posted June 18, 2015 - 08:01 PM

... " my dads brothers uncles sisters husband said you aint gotta do that crap". 

...and he was a professional mechanic for 23 weeks once, too.

So there. :thumbsup:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.