Adios! Saying goodbye to the 2013 WR450

7 replies to this topic
  • mebgardner

Posted June 12, 2015 - 03:17 PM

I've got some financial problems to solve, and so I'm saying goodbye to my 2013 WR450F.

I've had a good ride on it, and had a lot of fun on this forum. I was very glad to have been made to feel welcome here, and I'm thankful for that, you guys.

It's for sale on advrider.com and cycletrader.com

I stripped off most of the aftermarket parts, and they're for sale separately on advrider.com flea market section.

Hope to see you again someday.

Adios!

• Wristrockit

Posted June 13, 2015 - 06:13 AM

Well, good luck with your situation.  I hope you can get yourself squared away to the point maybe you can pick up another WR or whatever bike of your choice.  Sad to hear of anyone "having to" sell their beloved bike.  Again, good luck.

• YamaLink

Posted June 15, 2015 - 05:24 AM

Sorry to hear about the situation, and not to overstate the obvious but also list on your local craigslist. Local CL buyers can be flakes (not showing up), but it'll save you on shipping and some paypal fees.

• grayracer513

Posted June 17, 2015 - 09:41 AM

Local CL buyers can be flakes...

No kidding.  My son is selling a '98 Grand Cherokee he picked up cheap to drive temporarily.  He's asking $1000.  He gets a call from a CL buyer who offers him $500. He tells the guy he already has an offer for $900, so the guy says, "OK, how about $550?"

:rolleyes:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • RockerYZWR

Posted June 19, 2015 - 12:12 PM

No kidding.  My son is selling a '98 Grand Cherokee he picked up cheap to drive temporarily.  He's asking $1000.  He gets a call from a CL buyer who offers him $500. He tells the guy he already has an offer for $900, so the guy says, "OK, how about $550?"

:rolleyes:

Your son needs to ask that guy if his parents had any children that lived.

• grayracer513

Posted June 19, 2015 - 12:40 PM

That didn't come up, but there was another one.  The text conversation went something like:

Buyer: What's the lowest you'll go?

Jr: $800

Buyer: I don't know, I guess I'll come by and look

Jr. (20 minutes later): Sorry man, I just sold it for $850.

Buyer: Dude, I had a thousand ready to go.

Jr: Well, if you had offered me that I would have held it for you (dumbass)

• beezer

Posted June 19, 2015 - 02:21 PM

That's kind of a shame to have to sell off a nice bike like that.

But I'm sure your situation is temporary.

A YZ450FX should be out when your finances are looking better.

• mebgardner

Posted June 19, 2015 - 04:35 PM

Ah, we'll see...

Something you don't know is, that cycle hurt me pretty bad this last year and a half.

I hurt myself, but you get my drift.

4 separate injuries, 4 separate bone breaks.

Man, I've had enough.  Back to street riding for me.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.