proven performance mods?

No replies to this topic
  • BuddyK

Posted February 20, 2004 - 05:52 AM

I'm wanting to tinker on my XRR to gain a bit more fear factor :). For a play bike, 50/50 street & trail riding, what engine performance mods (in order) are proven? It's uncorked but other wise stock engine & runs very well. I'd like a bit more mid, upper midrange without sacraficing too much grunt.
I don't want it much if any louder than it is with the HRC tip. I'm running stock gearing & wish I had a lower first & a high fifth for cruising so I'll probrably leave the gearing alone. I was thinking about a cam swap, but didn't know if it would be benficial with the stock pipe? Is there really any measurable gain modifying the airbox lid on a milder motor?

Related Content

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.