Raptor clutch levers

8 replies to this topic
  • h_bomb

Posted February 19, 2002 - 05:57 AM

In my Rocky Mountain MC catalog its says the clutch perch assembly wont fit a 426 is this true and what set up are you running,will a raptor clutch fit stk 2002 perch.

• john.hilton@cape.k12.de.u

Posted February 19, 2002 - 06:54 AM

h bomb

What they mean, is that it won't fit with the YZ "on the fly" easy adjuster.

You can put one on your YZ, and you can adjust it without tools, you just can't do it while you are riding. I guess you could, but it would be a little scarey.

John

• bbeakley

Posted February 19, 2002 - 09:56 AM

h bomb,

I have a Raptor for my '00 but I don't quite understand your question. Are you talking about the entire perch/lever assembly fitting? If so, it doesn't matter what bike you have, it'll fit. If you're asking about whether the lever only will fit into the stock perch, I could check on that for you today.

The Raptor perch has an adjuster on it, but it has a backup nut so you'd have to pull over and adjust it then start off again whereas the stock one you can adjust with one hand as you ride.

• WRFUN

Posted February 19, 2002 - 11:16 AM

Is the Raptor setup worth it?

Pete

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • h_bomb

Posted February 19, 2002 - 11:30 AM

Could you check for me ,does MSR have a site or phone number.I would like just the lever with my 2002 perch.Thanks ?

• F-Pilot

Posted February 19, 2002 - 04:27 PM

I don't think the Raptor lever fits the stock perch.
You need to buy the whole thing (lever and perch), about $35 if I remember.
Yes, they are worth it!
You can also just drill your stock lever, just drill the cable hole closer to the pivot bolt hole, same thing.

[ February 19, 2002: Message edited by: F-Pilot ]

• 426Brent

Posted February 20, 2002 - 03:46 AM

According to MSR (check out msracing.com), the lever will not fit the stock perch. I have to say that I didn't even check when I got mine, just slapped the lever and perch on. I wish it had come with a dust cover because the stock doesn't fit to good. I bought the shorty version because I like only my index and middle fingers to reach the lever. With the stock I was constantly smashing the knuckles of my other two fingers when pulling in the clutch in mid air for brake tapping. Now, problem is solved so it was worth the $29 to me.

• bbeakley

Posted February 20, 2002 - 11:42 AM

H bomb,

I have a 2000 and the Raptor lever doesn't work on the stock perch, I assume that would also be the case for the 2002.

You can check the online bike shops, quite a few of them carry the Raptor assembly with perch and your choice of standard or shorty lever. Prices range from $29-39 depending on who you go through.

It is a whole lot less clutch pull than stock!

• Peenton

Posted February 20, 2002 - 05:17 PM

I just installed the Raptor on my 00' 426 and absolutely love it. My stock pull felt ridiculous. Now the pull and throw are perfect. Easier than my friends 250F. I had considered extending the actuator arm, but this solved the issue. Now when I walk by the NEW 426s at the shops, I pull the clutch just feel how bad mine WAS!

Related Content

Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.