Finally I've got todays DynoRuns onto my PC.
I did some runs with my '12 with Yamaha racing header and muffler
(that means it is the open power version, no O2 sensor, racing ECU)
- stock (WR cam), with pea shooter end cap
- YZ exhaust cam, pea shooter end cap
- YZ cam, 20mm end cap, no spark arrestor
- YZ cam, 20mm end cap, no spark arrestor, no airbox snorkel
- and the best run of my '03, WR cam, no airbox lid, stock non-US muffler
The results are so so, maybe it's the intake cam, maybe the dyno (12 years of no maintennance)
the '03 with WR(!) cam won hands down.
What did I learn:
1. the pea shouter has to go
2. the YZ cam did not much
3. dumping the intak snorkel did quite some good
A pity that I didn't reverse the runs in first dumping the pea shooter and then going to YZ cam.
Hard to believe that the YZ cam does nothing as long as the pea shooter it not removed.
Attached are the hp and torque as separate diagrams, to prevent cluttering.
That is the power comparison
even more impressive the torque differences.
Edited by WRF-Rowdy, June 09, 2015 - 04:54 PM.