Your opinion of my Dr.D on my wr450f?

8 replies to this topic
  • ShiggzLTRWR

Posted June 08, 2015 - 01:36 PM

Hello all, am just curious how the Dr.D titanium stacks up. I have a street legal '06 wr450f that I think previous owner built from ThumperTalk 'cause it has all the mods listed here. I absolutely love the bike. Never had a Dr.D before, it came on bike so I have nothing to compare it to. Is kinda loud, but not as loud as the yoshi on my LTR450.

• Krannie McKranface

Posted June 08, 2015 - 01:36 PM

Don't understand the question

• ShiggzLTRWR

Posted June 08, 2015 - 03:33 PM

I wish just wondering peoples opinion on Dr.D pipes
Was not wish

• Krannie McKranface

Posted June 08, 2015 - 03:55 PM

Depends on which pipe

He make at least two tunings for every bike he services

He also makes a ' baja tune' for some bikes like the YZ and old WR

Generally considered a 'flat' power pipe builder, emphasizing traction and control, with more power everywhere.

But it completely depends on the model of pipe you  are talking about.

The oposite would be a Yoshimira race pipe, which is designed for acceleration and easy wheel spinning.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Dualsportwr450

Posted July 07, 2015 - 09:11 PM

For the yamahas dr d is the man I have no issues or complaints about his pipes. I've ran his pipes and fmf powercore 4. Love both comes down to cost for me

• grayracer513

Posted July 09, 2015 - 07:18 AM

I've been running a DRD stainless with the spark arrestor for 8 years now, and the only complaint I ever had was that the pipe seems to need repacking more often than most.  Overall, it's been great.

• ShiggzLTRWR

Posted July 09, 2015 - 07:20 AM

Thanks for the replies. This is my first one and it came on the bike. I think it could use a repack. I like how the can has screws and not rivets.

• grayracer513

Posted July 10, 2015 - 10:41 AM

I like how the can has screws and not rivets.

Nice to see someone think once in a while, isn't it?

• ShiggzLTRWR

Posted July 10, 2015 - 10:43 AM

I totally agree with that ^^^^. Yoshi on my LTR has rivets, I am dreading doing the repack

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.