2014 WR 450 oil return line popped out of case

7 replies to this topic
  • mikenash

Posted June 08, 2015 - 12:20 PM

So while riding yesterday my oil line breather hose and connector popped out of my case I might have snagged a branch or something but have never had anything like happen before. There is no O-ring or anything to hold it in which is strange it's  just press it in. I was thinking there should be something on it to hold it in place. Anyone else had this problem? It's the little medal piece in the picture where my finger is pointing. I plan on cleaning with contact cleaner and putting something on it try to hold it in place. Any advice would be great thanks.

Attached Thumbnails

• 010.JPG

• mch

Posted June 08, 2015 - 08:26 PM

Let us know how it goes.  I have had that cover off to change a water pump seal, but didn't pay any attention to that part.

• GuyGraham

Posted June 08, 2015 - 09:40 PM

Fit it with loctite 638 or one of the other 600 series retaining compounds.
Is it still a push fit into the case?

• mikenash

Posted June 09, 2015 - 08:39 AM

Fit it with loctite 638 or one of the other 600 series retaining compounds.
Is it still a push fit into the case?

Yes it's still a push in fit into the case. Very strange to me as why it's. Thank you for the suggestions that's what I was thinking of also.  

Edited by mikenash, June 09, 2015 - 08:41 AM.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • GuyGraham

Posted June 09, 2015 - 09:55 AM

must have caught it on something for it to come out

It won't come out again with a bit of 601, 638 or 648 on it!

• mikenash

Posted June 10, 2015 - 07:10 AM

Ok I changed the oil last night and also bought some JB weld to apply to make sure it doesn't come back out. Well I tired pulling out the end and no go so I'm just going to leave it for now. I'm thinking it was just a fluke.

• SilvFx

Posted June 10, 2015 - 08:58 AM

Mike,

your best bet is to ensure you have a skid plate that has high side coverage with case guards that might prevent this from snagging (if that is what may have caused it to begin with).

• mikenash

Posted June 10, 2015 - 09:08 AM

Mike,

your best bet is to ensure you have a skid plate that has high side coverage with case guards that might prevent this from snagging (if that is what may have caused it to begin with).

I have a TM design plastic skid plate on it already and none of the current skid plates cover that area behind the water pump. Thanks!

Edited by mikenash, June 10, 2015 - 09:16 AM.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.