Starter block off kit?

6 replies to this topic
  • motoman357

Posted June 08, 2015 - 10:24 AM

Dose anyone make a starter motor block off kit for the 2011 wr450f? Or dose anyone know where to get the seal to plug where the starter motor go's?

• GuyGraham

Posted June 08, 2015 - 09:44 PM

I believe the starter block off kit is called a yz450f ☺
Seriously, why buy a wr then want to take the starter off. Why not just get the yzf if the extra weight of the starter is a problem for you

• motoman357

Posted June 08, 2015 - 10:15 PM

For one I didn't buy the bike it was given to me. An for two the "extra weight" is not a issue. I have put 2006 yz450f cams in an that makes it hard to start using the starter motor. An I really have no need for the battery or the starter motor.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • chu

Posted June 09, 2015 - 01:58 AM

Wasn't someone saying they used a freeze plug for an engine block?

• GuyGraham

Posted June 09, 2015 - 03:32 AM

It won't run without the battery

• chu

Posted June 09, 2015 - 07:02 AM

I forgot about that.  Maybe you could wire in a capacitor to eliminate the battery.

• MidlifeCrisisGuy

Posted June 15, 2015 - 11:29 PM

I used a frost plug on my 2012.  I pressed it in.  Didn't take much.  I used a C clamp.   Pictures in the 25 pound weight loss thread somewhere.

Edited by MidlifeCrisisGuy, June 15, 2015 - 11:30 PM.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.