Differences between Canadian and US wr450 model.

3 replies to this topic

Posted February 19, 2004 - 06:19 PM

I would like to know if anyone knows the differences between the Canadian and US Models of the '03 WR450? I live in the U.S. and was wondering if I purchased one - if there would be any additional problems or concerns. Will the local dealer be able to service it the same? Will I be able to get it dual-sported? If any one knows, please help - I'm looking at one to buy, but don't want to make the wrong decision. :) :D....maybe?!

• jerryls

Posted February 19, 2004 - 07:27 PM

If you're going to buy one, don't get the '03. A quick pass through this forum should explain why.

If you get a Canadian '04, it's the exact same as the US model except for the sticker on the stem (and no taxes if you buy from Canada).

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • sabin

Posted February 19, 2004 - 08:12 PM

is the canadian version also restricted(trottle stop, grey wire)?

• ETP

Posted February 20, 2004 - 03:51 AM

The my Canadain bike warranty was not honored in the US.
Do a search of this forum on the differences topic for complete details. The biggest concern, as I have learned here in Calif., is that the Canadian model does not have a US federal emissions sticker. Could cause reg problems in your state, if not now, maybe later. Otherwise, my Canadian purchase experience went smooth. :)

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.