09 wr450

5 replies to this topic
  • supermotowannabe

Posted June 05, 2015 - 09:38 AM

looking at a wr450 that was a tradearrow-10x10.png in. they say it had like 9 miles.and came practically dissasembled.  but when i turn on the dash it says 0.  maybe im doing it wrong? what should i look at? common problems? it looks brand new. plan is to convert to a supermoto. they have dropped the price down to 5k. thank you

• stevethe

Posted June 05, 2015 - 09:47 AM

looking at a wr450 that was a tradearrow-10x10.png in. they say it had like 9 miles.and came practically dissasembled.  but when i turn on the dash it says 0.  maybe im doing it wrong? what should i look at? common problems? it looks brand new. plan is to convert to a supermoto. they have dropped the price down to 5k. thank you

There really are no common problems to speak of other than the base valves in the front forks. Do a search. The dash is re- settable to zero. So if it's almost new look for stock tires and have fun.

• supermotowannabe

Posted June 05, 2015 - 10:41 AM

There really are no common problems to speak of other than the base valves in the front forks. Do a search. The dash is re- settable to zero. So if it's almost new look for stock tires and have fun.

Thank you for te response. What are the stock tires? Sorry for not knowing. I don't know anything about these bikes

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • stevethe

Posted June 05, 2015 - 10:46 AM

Thank you for te response. What are the stock tires? Sorry for not knowing. I don't know anything about these bikes

You know I'm not sure they were either Bridgestone or Dunlop.
But you should be able to look at the chain and sprockets they should look pretty new if the bike has no miles.

• PacoPaez

Posted June 05, 2015 - 10:58 AM

My 09 had Dunlops

• supermotowannabe

Posted June 05, 2015 - 11:07 AM

Thank you guys for the help. I may be able to look later today or tomorrow

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.