Petcock options

Body Gas Tanks & Accessories

2 replies to this topic
  • toten

Posted June 04, 2015 - 07:44 PM

I recently picked up an IMS 3.1 gallon tank from someone. It came with a cap and petcock, no clue what variety. The petcock is on/off only, no reserve. The guy had the tank for his YZ450F (05 I think), which means it should fit my 03 WR450 with the YZ shrouds (which he included). 

Are the cheap ebay petcocks any good? I can spend the $30ish for an OEM one but would prefer not. I know reserve isn't mandatory but it's nice to have, especially on a supermoto. 

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • mikenash

Posted June 04, 2015 - 08:35 PM

I wouldn't recommend the cheap china petcocks. For twice the $$ buy an oem one and know that it will last.  

• BlueBeast400

Posted June 06, 2015 - 06:49 AM

I bought one from motomart on ebay for $10. It might be Chinese made, but the shop is in CA. It fits perfect and have had no problems. Holding it up to the old OEM they look identical.

Related Content

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.