I think my wr450 is lowered

1 reply to this topic
  • Snrub0800

Posted June 04, 2015 - 07:30 PM

Got an 09 wr450 and its ride height is 2 inches lower then spec. The previous owner was a shorter guy(5'8"+/-). Anyway I can confirm and or get it back to spec somehow? Thanks

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Fattonz

Posted June 04, 2015 - 08:46 PM

Got an 09 wr450 and its ride height is 2 inches lower then spec. The previous owner was a shorter guy(5'8"+/-). Anyway I can confirm and or get it back to spec somehow? Thanks

Are the forks raised in the triple clamps? Is there a lowering link installed? Was the seat shaved? Otherwise the suspension may have been lowered internally. This would mean the fork springs have been cut or the stock springs were replaced with shorter ones, in which case internal spacers will be installed inside the forks. The rear shock may have internal spacers installed as well.

Since the bike is used it may be a good time for a suspension service. If you're taking it to someone they can check these things for you and set things up for your weight and riding style...

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.