Jetting problem?

6 replies to this topic
  • Ch35450

Posted June 04, 2015 - 05:47 PM

Recently bought a '07 yz450f, in great shape, but I believe it is running a little lean...backfires and pops on deceleration and it idles up and down constantly when in neutral or when clutch is engaged. Has a fmf exhaust with the powerbomb I believe it's called? Correct me if I'm wrong.... and a hindle pipe, I'm wondering what I should run jetting wise? At about 300ft above sea level aswell as 0 to 30 degrees celsius, any help is appreciated thanks!

Edited by Ch35450, June 04, 2015 - 06:10 PM.

• CRFRida1605

Posted June 04, 2015 - 05:49 PM

Have you gone through the process of setting your idle properly, I found that will tell you if your pilot jet is right. You probably need to go one size up or maybe it just needs to be cleaned.

• Ch35450

Posted June 04, 2015 - 06:09 PM

Have you gone through the process of setting your idle properly, I found that will tell you if your pilot jet is right. You probably need to go one size up or maybe it just needs to be cleaned.

Yeah I messed around with it for a little and it still responds fine but even set at a lower idle it will still wander up and down by itself

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • CRFRida1605

Posted June 04, 2015 - 06:12 PM

How many turns out is the fuel screw?

• Chuck.

Posted June 04, 2015 - 06:24 PM

Wandering idle is a lean condition, likely caused by a dirty carb.  Also these bikes tended to be jetted lean which can also cause a hanging or erratic idle.

• CRFRida1605

Posted June 04, 2015 - 06:26 PM

Clean it then do this to be sure. http://www.thumperta...circuit-setting

• grayracer513

Posted June 05, 2015 - 08:50 AM

The wandering or "hanging" idle can also be caused by tight intake valves.  When they're too tight, they set up a lean condition by leaking combustion chamber pressure back into the intake tract and disrupting the airflow.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.