2012 WR450 Manual

5 replies to this topic
  • comp123

Posted June 04, 2015 - 09:03 AM

Are there any service manuals more explicit than the owners manual? I know the owners manual is well detailed but to put a motor together that someone else took apart, I'm looking for greater detail.

Attached Thumbnails

• heads cherokee wr450engine dave 071.JPG

• stevethe

Posted June 04, 2015 - 09:20 AM

If your owners manual is the same as a shop manual as the earlier versions you got the shop manual. You might also look online at the Yamaha parts houses for a break down of the parts.

• William1

Posted June 06, 2015 - 08:05 AM

You are not going to find greater detail. The owners manual is a shop manual. all manuals have an expectation of knowledge of the basics and therefore only cover details that are bike specific.

Steve is on the money about studying the parts listings too. Though they do not show all parts where you might expect so you have to hunt. Also be sure to note the 'quantity required'. Finally, not all parts are available for a particular bike, sometimes you have to look at a different but similar model (even brand sometimes) to get unlisted parts.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • comp123

Posted June 07, 2015 - 01:44 PM

Okay, thanks for the info. Anyone in the tristate area interested in putting this motor back together, send me a PM. I know someone out there can do it blindfolded.  Thanks all.

• mikenash

Posted June 07, 2015 - 04:46 PM

Okay, thanks for the info. Anyone in the tristate area interested in putting this motor back together, send me a PM. I know someone out there can do it blindfolded.  Thanks all.

I would have Rick Claxton at Claxton Powersports do it in Salisbury Ma 978-961-0475. It will be done right and for a fair price.

Edited by mikenash, June 07, 2015 - 04:47 PM.

• flyandride

Posted June 07, 2015 - 07:14 PM

Why was a 3 year old motor completely disassembled?  

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.