2007 yz 450 f motor/head bucket sticking

8 replies to this topic
  • 88motoman88

Posted May 31, 2015 - 09:17 AM

One of the exhaust valves bucket is sticking any ideas why? Overheated the head or? I tried test fitting without mixing anyone of the buckets amd none will fit easily like they should.

• OldOkie

Posted May 31, 2015 - 09:18 AM

Any signs of galling?

• 88motoman88

Posted May 31, 2015 - 10:33 AM

No not at all really

• OldOkie

Posted May 31, 2015 - 03:38 PM

Might mic the O.D. of the bucket and check for roundness. Never heard of one not going back that hadn't been overheated (signs of galling) or knocked.
Go works style and have some made of a super alloy and machine the heads to fit lol

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 88motoman88

Posted May 31, 2015 - 05:33 PM

What exactly am I looking for. The bucket looks exactly like the others. What is galling? Marks, marring, etc?

• OldOkie

Posted May 31, 2015 - 06:01 PM

Typically a dulled area where its visibly been rubbing in its socket. Or if its all dulled it may look like a place that's shinier than the rest. Its a sign of being misaligned.

• 88motoman88

Posted May 31, 2015 - 06:28 PM

O ok, yeah all five have shiny areas, dull areas and or areas I can actually see wear. some in the head some on the bucket

• grayracer513

Posted June 01, 2015 - 06:13 AM

The most common reason for lifters being hard to remove or insert is that the camshaft bore gets scored by a seizure or partial seizure, and the metal gets "smeared" over the lifter bore.  Try deburring the top corner of the lifter bore with a sharp knife blade or a file.  Then check your camshaft clearance.

• 88motoman88

Posted June 01, 2015 - 07:55 AM

Ok thank u i did that and it fixed it. The exhaust cam has a little resistance when you try and move it by hand when it's bolted hand tight. I was worried about that also, I didn't torque it just snugged it to test how freely it moved. So the camshaft clearance to the cam cap or cam bore? I've never checked that but now that you mention it that seems like the whole problem with the sticking bucket

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.