Suspension adjustment question

2 replies to this topic
  • Alzy

Posted May 30, 2015 - 11:32 AM

08 WR450

rider weight 225lbs

upgraded racetech springs for my weight

sag adjusted

I have a question regarding proper fine-tuning with my clickers.  I do mostly trail riding and technical hill climbs with rocks and roots etc; but often we find some steep hill climbs and hit them hard in second and third gear.  I find that my rear tire kicks hard off to one side shortly after I hit the hill and I lose traction, momentum, and my line.  I have my clickers set several clicks on the softer side from stock settings.   Is it my rebound, compression, or my high speed adjustment I should be focusing on?  Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • stevethe

Posted May 30, 2015 - 05:43 PM

08 WR450
rider weight 225lbs
upgraded racetech springs for my weight
sag adjusted

I have a question regarding proper fine-tuning with my clickers.  I do mostly trail riding and technical hill climbs with rocks and roots etc; but often we find some steep hill climbs and hit them hard in second and third gear.  I find that my rear tire kicks hard off to one side shortly after I hit the hill and I lose traction, momentum, and my line.  I have my clickers set several clicks on the softer side from stock settings.   Is it my rebound, compression, or my high speed adjustment I should be focusing on?  Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Well just try to put the rear compression all the way soft and see what happens either better or worse.
However it's likely your forks are half sacked through their travel due to the defective base valves. When you hit the hill your all over the place.

• GuyGraham

Posted May 30, 2015 - 11:35 PM

Its rebound set too soft
With stiffer springs you need more rebound to control them yet you have gone the other way hence your problem

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.