Low seat

6 replies to this topic
  • buhlockay

Posted May 29, 2015 - 10:24 PM

I am looking for a "low" seat for my '14 wr450. I've looked at all the popular manufacturers (seat concepts, factory effex, guts racing) and cannot find a low version for the 12+ WRs. I spoke with a rep for SC who said they do not and will not offer a low version because of the new seat style of the YZs and WR250f.

I've seen quite a few different seat options for '07-11, will these seats fit my '14?

Thanks
B

• mxbundy2

Posted May 30, 2015 - 07:24 AM

I am looking for a "low" seat for my '14 wr450. I've looked at all the popular manufacturers (seat concepts, factory effex, guts racing) and cannot find a low version for the 12+ WRs. I spoke with a rep for SC who said they do not and will not offer a low version because of the new seat style of the YZs and WR250f.

I've seen quite a few different seat options for '07-11, will these seats fit my '14?

Thanks
B

B,

Did you not look at the SC website???    http://seatconcepts....ategory=1671359

Bundy

• stevethe

Posted May 30, 2015 - 08:12 AM

Call SDG seats. They take your seat and cut an 1" out of the front and leave a hump in the back to hold you in. It's also a non slip cover.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • AtomicGeo

Posted May 30, 2015 - 08:39 AM

Here's my Seat Concepts Low Seat (lowered by 1") on my '14:

WP_20150219_004_zpsbf3acbcd.jpg

WP_20150519_002_zpsfepo0itk.jpg

• buhlockay

Posted May 30, 2015 - 09:09 AM

Thanks all.

• jj86

Posted May 30, 2015 - 05:22 PM

Geo, nice bike!  Is that seat the "Carbon Fiber / Gripper" option?  I see they have Carbon Fiber / Gripper, all carbon fiber or all gripper as options.  Are the stock seat covers considered to be carbon fiber?  Trying to understand the difference between the materials.  Stock seat on my 08 has me hurting after ~30 min!

Thanks

• AtomicGeo

Posted May 31, 2015 - 05:45 AM

Geo, nice bike!  Is that seat the "Carbon Fiber / Gripper" option?  I see they have Carbon Fiber / Gripper, all carbon fiber or all gripper as options.  Are the stock seat covers considered to be carbon fiber?  Trying to understand the difference between the materials.  Stock seat on my 08 has me hurting after ~30 min!

Thanks

No mine is not the carbon fiber one.  The carbon fiber one is all black.  Mine is feels quite durable though (more than the stock seat, IMO).

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.