2002 Yz426f problem

2 replies to this topic
  • Aex123

Posted May 27, 2015 - 10:41 PM

I took my bike out for a ride last weekend and it started all good and ran smooth as for about half an hour, I've pulled up to stop and the bike cut out and I could not get it going again all day, took it home still wouldn't start but the next day it started first kick. Anyone have any ideas to what may be the problem?
Cheers

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Rettich333

Posted May 28, 2015 - 03:33 AM

at first I would change the sparkplug , sometimes they dont want to work when they are hot.

I would also check if the carburator gets enough fuel . To do that close your fuel cock. Drain the carburator by opening the dainbolt at the bottom of it , let the fuel run through the hose in a bottle. If the carb ist empty open the fuel cock and see if there is enough fuel coming out auf the daining hose. If it is just ja litte drop second by second your should dismount your carb and clean it , also check if the tank is free of dust an the carb gets enough fuel.

• Baldwin

Posted May 28, 2015 - 03:54 AM

Does it still kick over fine once it Has stalled?
Are you using the hot start button?
Have you inspected the hot start plunger?
Have you ever cleaned the carb?
Was it your first ride of the season after the bike had been sitting for a while?

As stated above, try giving the carb a good clean. It could be that the carb is being starved of fuel during youe ride and after sitting overnight it fills back up. And a different plug can sometimes be the answer. I recently changed mine over to the old ugly looking plug that the bike had when I got it. Fired up first kick after failing to do so for an hour with the new NGK Iridium plug I had put in it. Go figure...

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.