Yz exhaust on 12+ wr450f

3 replies to this topic
  • NewfieThumper

Posted May 27, 2015 - 04:20 PM

Is there a yz slip on that will fit the 2012 and up wr450f? Not a whole lot of choices out there for exhaust so I am wonder if an older yz fits....big gun exhaust lists the 09 yz along with the 12 and up WR as same part number but fmf and others do not. Can someone clarify.

• Krannie McKranface

Posted May 27, 2015 - 04:46 PM

What is a 'YZ slip-on' ?

You mean a louder, less restrictive muffler?

It's not a YZ so the subframe mounting and mid mounting would be different.

FMF, Dubach racing, ProCircuit all have options.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • chu

Posted May 28, 2015 - 02:52 PM

The part number for the WR muffler didn't change in '12.  YZ mufflers up to 09 should fit.  The YZ headpipe is fatter but the aftermarket mufflers usually come with a collar to fit the WR header, I think.

Edited by chewbaccauncircumcised, May 28, 2015 - 02:54 PM.

• Dualsportwr450

Posted June 03, 2015 - 10:59 PM

I have a gytr slip on which is basically a powercore 4. Also DR D is the Yamaha R&d guy... He makes good stuff too

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.