Spring Rates

6 replies to this topic
  • Robert_Brazil

Posted February 19, 2004 - 01:21 AM

Need help. What are the front and rear stock spring rates for the Canadian WR450F 2004?

• tcmII

Posted February 19, 2004 - 05:03 PM

Check out the Race Tech website. Assuming the the suspension is the same on all, the Race Tech site indicates: .47 front, 5.0 rear.

• DeltaT

Posted February 19, 2004 - 05:36 PM

Robert,

Per the '04 Manual, Yamaha treats Canada the same as Europe, so the CDN front rates are .42. The US front for '04 is .46 and the AUS, NZ, ZA group is .44.

Rear is CDN 4.9, US is 5.3, AUS/NZ/ZA is 5.5.
All this is from the manual.

Jim

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ddialogue

Posted February 19, 2004 - 06:38 PM

Robert,

Per the '04 Manual, Yamaha treats Canada the same as Europe, so the CDN front rates are .42. The US front for '04 is .46 and the AUS, NZ, ZA group is .44.

Rear is CDN 4.9, US is 5.3, AUS/NZ/ZA is 5.5.
All this is from the manual.

Looks like they went slightly heavier for '04. My manual shows .45 for the fronts and 5.0 for the rear. I went with .47 and 5.6 race tech springs in my ride. :)

• jerryls

Posted February 19, 2004 - 07:18 PM

I'm pretty sure the Canadian model is the same as the US model. When I took the stock rear spring out of mine, it had a yellow dot on the bottom, which according to the manual is a 5.3 (just like the US model). Additionally, everything inside the carb is the same as the US model. Which leads me to believe the Canadian model has the same specs as the US model. But I could be wrong.

Jerry

• WR372

Posted February 20, 2004 - 05:42 AM

How come there is so much confusion as to what the rear spring rate is. I have heard its a 5.0, 5.2, 5.3, and even a 5.4 from other threads. What is the real spring rate?

• DeltaT

Posted February 20, 2004 - 09:00 PM

Jerry,

Check your bike's model code number. The manual says US is marked "5TJ5", Europe is "5TJ6", and Canada, Aus, NZ and South Africa (I believe that is what ZA stands for) are marked "5TJ7".
Check specs section in manual on page 2-1. The carb section shows specific changes too.

Jim

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.