Check it out!!!

5 replies to this topic
  • Phillip_Hutchinson

Posted February 17, 2002 - 03:18 PM

• motoman393

Posted February 17, 2002 - 05:02 PM

that looks cool...but if you blocked off the top dipstick, where would you put the oil in? I remember BK talking about this mod a year ago...he said something like it raises the temp. of the crankcase oil by 10 degrees and requires an oil change every ride (no loss in reliability as long as the owner takes care of their bike). 3lbs of weight makes a big difference and especially since the weight is high up on the bike (imagine how light these 250f's can get with all the aftermarket stuff) I know Doug/Gina read this board maybe they could give us the details of the product and how much it costs! It doesnt look like a lot of metal in the kit, so maybe the kit is under the $100-$150 range! Later,

• Phillip_Hutchinson

Posted February 17, 2002 - 05:23 PM

I hope it isint very expencive. Looks like a good idea. I would buy one for sure.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • BackwardHick

Posted February 17, 2002 - 10:29 PM

I don't know what the kits cost, but I do know they have to modify the oil pump plate. So it's not just a matter of blocking the holes off.

• zx7king

Posted February 19, 2002 - 04:47 AM

Has anyone tried this... I would like to hear some feedback before I consider this option.

• Hokie

Posted February 19, 2002 - 04:56 AM

The ad states that there is no loss of reliability, but I would like to know under what race conditions?

At a MX race, you could conceivably change the oil after every moto, but what about a 2 hour harescramble?

Related Content

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

Is the 2016 GYTR Yamaha YZ450F too fast? by Fryboy

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • * - - - -
  • Hot  241 replies

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies

Need help by Goforaride

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  68 replies

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  35 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.