2014 too lean

8 replies to this topic
  • D-rek07

Posted May 24, 2015 - 09:30 PM

So I have a 2014 wr450f and just put a powercore on and now it is too lean. There's no soot in the exhaust pipe and its backfiring on deceleration. I have the power tuner but apparently it doesn't give it more horsepower so that won't be able to give it more fuel. How do I richen this bike up?

• buhlockay

Posted May 25, 2015 - 12:37 AM

So I have a 2014 wr450f and just put a powercore on and now it is too lean. There's no soot in the exhaust pipe and its backfiring on deceleration. I have the power tuner but apparently it doesn't give it more horsepower so that won't be able to give it more fuel. How do I richen this bike up?

Search for "wr maps only" and try out vlxjim's map. I use it on my '14 and love it

• D-rek07

Posted May 25, 2015 - 07:59 AM

Search for "wr maps only" and try out vlxjim's map. I use it on my '14 and love it

But do the mappings add fuel?

• Spiritwalker2222

Posted May 25, 2015 - 08:44 AM

The left 3x3 matrix is for fuel. Postive #'s give it more fuel, negative #'s give it less.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Spiritwalker2222

Posted May 25, 2015 - 08:47 AM

I assume you have the performance ECU.

• buhlockay

Posted May 25, 2015 - 01:58 PM

But do the mappings add fuel?

Long story short, yes. When i opened my bike up, it was running far too lean. The good fellas here at TT set me on the right track and now she runs great using the above mentioned map. You also should adjust your CO level if you haven't to say around 8-12 using the yamaha diagnostic tool.

• D-rek07

Posted May 25, 2015 - 03:25 PM

Long story short, yes. When i opened my bike up, it was running far too lean. The good fellas here at TT set me on the right track and now she runs great using the above mentioned map. You also should adjust your CO level if you haven't to say around 8-12 using the yamaha diagnostic tool.

Oh shoot. Another tool?!?!

• buhlockay

Posted May 25, 2015 - 06:30 PM

I had the yammie service tech set mine

• vlxjim

Posted May 26, 2015 - 12:05 PM

You need the Comp ECU to use the power programer. And yes try out my map its a great all around map with smooth trackable power. Bike runs cooler to. 

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.