Accelerator pump spring!

6 replies to this topic
  • Anthonycacia

Posted May 24, 2015 - 02:16 PM

How do I remove the accelerator pump spring to replace it? I got a Tokyo mods spring but can't remove the stock spring for the life of me!

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1432505774.417293.jpg

• Krannie McKranface

Posted May 24, 2015 - 02:22 PM

The rear spring stays

The new spring replaces the front spring

You have to pull the black arm off to replace it

• Anthonycacia

Posted May 24, 2015 - 07:35 PM

I figured as much, the black arm will not come off, how is it removed?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • RMK800

Posted May 24, 2015 - 07:47 PM

I figured as much, the black arm will not come off, how is it removed?

Have you removed the small lock washer on the top of the black arm goes on? Have you removed the pump rod from it? Pop the rod out if you haven't, grab some pliers and give it a quick tug. If you have then you just need to pull and wiggle it out.

Edited by RMK800, May 24, 2015 - 07:50 PM.

• Krannie McKranface

Posted May 24, 2015 - 07:49 PM

You have to remove the pump rod, and the circlip holding the black lever

The pump rod removes by pulling it straight down very quickly.....it's a snap-in fit

• Anthonycacia

Posted May 25, 2015 - 03:52 AM

I have removed the lock washer, and attempted to pull the pump rod out it wouldn't budge. Now that I know it is infact the pump rod that comes out and the black clip should slide right out I'll give it another good tug hopefully not to break anything, after this I will have all my upgrades in, and my new 07 should be finally running after months!

Thank you guys I'll give it another shot!

• Anthonycacia

Posted May 25, 2015 - 07:13 AM

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1432566821.880964.jpg

Got it! Thanks guys

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.