Rebuilding 426

7 replies to this topic
  • Clutchup

Posted May 24, 2015 - 01:43 PM

Whats up guys finally got my wr gears in my yz and also put a new piston and just today it randomly seized on me so im thinking the piston is shot and cylinder. Where is the cheapest place to buy a new cylinder? I checked thumpertalk and it was like $500? I check another website and was $250. Anyone know of a good site with the lowest prices? Btw i did not get my cyclinder re plated when i put the bew piston in could that of caused a seize? Once it cools down the seize gets loose and i can start again then will run then lock up again and cant kick threw.

• Clutchup

Posted May 25, 2015 - 07:07 PM

ok ripped the motor apart and I think the connecting rod roller bearing went bad causing the pistion to hit the walls. well I made a video to show you guys and tell me what should I do I seen connecting rod rebuild kits should I do that or can I just get a new bearing?

https://www.dropbox.... 54 PM.mov?dl=0

• grayracer513

Posted May 26, 2015 - 06:46 AM

Either buy the rod, bearing, and crank pin, send to a shop for a rebuild, or buy a complete new crank.  The money is close to the same either way.

• Clutchup

Posted May 26, 2015 - 08:08 AM

Gray racer when i buy a new jug is the cylinder ready to go plated and hatched? What are good low price websites to buy oem parts i seen the price for a jug from $300 to $288

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted May 26, 2015 - 08:57 AM

New cylinders are ready to use.  Yours can probably be replated for less than the price of new.

• Clutchup

Posted May 26, 2015 - 09:22 AM

Yeah mine got chewed up tho pretty deep scratches

• grayracer513

Posted May 26, 2015 - 09:27 AM

Can still be refinished, nevertheless.  Contact Millennium Technologies. 

• Clutchup

Posted May 26, 2015 - 02:16 PM

Im just gona go new and replace all thanks for the help

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.