Steady smoke or steam from breather tube

3 replies to this topic
  • JRDNCHRSTNSN

Posted May 23, 2015 - 05:38 PM

I have an 07 yz450f. Recently there has been smoke or steam coming from the breather tube at the bottom. Comes out when ever you give it throttle. Does anyone have any ideas what it could be? People we talked to think there may be to much oil. I have checked the manual and made sure I put in the right amount. I may have still put too much in.

• MentalGuru

Posted May 23, 2015 - 05:54 PM

I have an 07 yz450f. Recently there has been smoke or steam coming from the breather tube at the bottom. Comes out when ever you give it throttle. Does anyone have any ideas what it could be? People we talked to think there may be to much oil. I have checked the manual and made sure I put in the right amount. I may have still put too much in.

It could need a new top end, excessive cylinder blow by will cause this.  A cylinder leak down test will confirm or eliminate  this as being the problem..

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • JRDNCHRSTNSN

Posted May 23, 2015 - 05:56 PM

How do I test for that?

• MentalGuru

Posted May 23, 2015 - 06:03 PM

http://www.dansmc.com/leakdown.htm

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.