Since it's toast......(PLEASE hurry with responses!!)

8 replies to this topic
  • Chris_Slade

Posted February 17, 2002 - 09:16 AM

OK EVERYONE!!
I need some opinions!
I can build a wheel with a new 18" Excel rim, bulldog spokes, and talon hub for less than $400 from my uncle. I need color opinions!
Reference my $$$OUCH$$$ post for why! :)

Rim color?
Red
Blue
Black
Gold
Purple
Silver(stock)
Posted Image

Nipple color?
Silver
Gold
Black

Hub color?
Gold
Silver
Polished

Posted Image

Posted Image

:D

I was thinking polished hub, black rim, black spoke nipples.

And....should I go with 18" wheel, or stick with my 19"....which would allow me to save about 100 dollars, as I could re-use this rim. ??
PLACE YOUR VOTE!!!!!!!!!!

• leif

Posted February 17, 2002 - 12:07 PM

my riding buddy had the exact same thing happen on his 01 520 sx. Did you break alot of spokes before that? He did. better than 6 if I recall.

• Chris_Slade

Posted February 17, 2002 - 12:10 PM

Never broke a spoke. The sprocket came loose three times though. NyLock nuts, blue locktite dripping out, and it still came loose. I think a few fell out while I was riding and that was that. Red lock tite from now on....

• leif

Posted February 17, 2002 - 12:27 PM

My friend owns a small bike shop here in town, and it ended up being cheaper to buy a new wheel assembly than to fix the broken one. He went that route to sell the bike and get the '02 520 SX. Hope it doesn't break again!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Max_Powers

Posted February 17, 2002 - 03:07 PM

If he is a hare scramble guy like yourself,I would stay with the silver rims.I feel aodized rims will get beat up in the rocks and such.Its hard to keep a bike looking pretty if you really ride it

• Max_Powers

Posted February 17, 2002 - 03:07 PM

If he is a hare scramble guy like yourself,I would stay with the silver rims.I feel aodized rims will get beat up in the rocks and such.Its hard to keep a bike looking pretty if you really ride it

• kc_husky

Posted February 17, 2002 - 05:28 PM

18 inch rim with a (140) S12 on it. A polished hub is pretty nice looking new. How about after a few rides. And how hard will it be to keep it polished? Oh ya Silver, scratches will be less noticeable.imop. :)

• ben_suhard

Posted February 18, 2002 - 05:02 AM

The other guys are right about staying with the silver rims, but I agree that the black rim would look good and add that personal touch.

• Chris_Slade

Posted February 18, 2002 - 12:06 PM

went polished, silver, silver, 18". Decided, with an even split of black and silver rims...to go silver and match the front :)
Thanks!

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.