The BRP's new stablemate??????

3 replies to this topic
  • stonewall

Posted February 18, 2004 - 01:12 PM

I have the chance to pick up a cherry '01 KTM 250 EXC for less than $2,000. It has way too many extras to list including several sets of new tires and a BD dual sport kit still in the box. It's still on the original tires and chain/sprockets. Except for some VERY minor scuffs in the plastic it looks brand new. The original plastic was taken off when new and stored in a box. It's included too. :D I raced two of these in the early 90's and loved them but don't have much experience with the new ones. Any of you guys ridden one? Is this a good deal? Give me some feedback. :)
Posted Image

• qadsan

Posted February 18, 2004 - 03:13 PM

Less than $2K is a steal and I'd pick it up if it were near me just to play with. Gosh, I'd buy it as a spare bike for my kids at that price if its as nice as you say. The dealer trade in on this bike is almost ~$2.5K and a dealer would sell this same bike for ~$3.5K used. If you don't want this bike and it happens to be in SoCal, let me know and I'll buy it tonight for $2K cash, otherwise jump on it if you like it :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • irondude

Posted February 18, 2004 - 03:24 PM

Compare similar bikes at cycletrader.com

Its a STEAL. Thats a great bike.
Find out more about it at ktmtalk.com
I think it should go for $3000-$3500 or more.
If memory serves me- that bike was the holeshot king for the '01 250 smokes.
Most importantly-that bike at that price is about as good a BRP companion bike as it gets.

• stonewall

Posted February 19, 2004 - 04:41 AM

Its a STEAL. Thats a great bike.

That's what I was thinking. I can't go get it until Saturday morning but if it's still there it's mine. :) Sorry Qadsan it's on the opposite coast. :D
I had a '91 KTM 250 and absolutely loved it until the power valve decided to take a dump the day before the very last Blackwater 100. :D :D Maybe that was a good thing. :D Thanks for the replies. :D

Related Content

Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  60 replies
Forums
Photo

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

• 3 replies
Wiki
Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L?  Here's how - last post by clc3251

Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L? Here's how

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

• Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

• 7 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.