Is there a simple answer (GYTR Power Tuner)

3 replies to this topic
  • Jmill14

Posted May 20, 2015 - 10:53 AM

After doing a search I still cannot tell.  Each time I plug in to my 10' yz450f it will give me hours, temp, idle speed, etc but will not put new map information on my bike telling me I am not connected to the ECU.  Is there a fix for this?  Pretty expensive little gizmo to read the hours. I have put fresh batteries in the tuner.  I have tried having the bike running then connecting, connecting and then starting the bike with no change in results.  

• billygildark5007

Posted May 20, 2015 - 12:25 PM

That's weird, if its showing hours then it is connected to ecu. You can only change the map while the motor is not running.
Mine did freak out once when I used cheap batteries.
Also you might have a look at the harness on the bike, I have a friend that pulled the wire out of it and was the same failure to connect.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Jmill14

Posted May 20, 2015 - 05:56 PM

Well, maybe I just dumb assed it. I had no idea it could not be running. Gonna head out and give it a shot. Let ya know what happens. Thanks. Hope it's that simple.

• Jmill14

Posted May 20, 2015 - 06:44 PM

I feel so stupid and so happy at the same time. Not having the bike running makes a huge difference. Not having a instruction manual come with that when I bought the bike used and thinking the bike must be have to be running for it to work. Transferred it in no time at all. Can't wait to try out some different maps. Thank you so much for the response.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.