07 WR450F what wheels fit?

3 replies to this topic
  • Frankyb338

Posted May 18, 2015 - 07:00 PM

hey guys I'm new here and i have a 2007 wr450 and i have 17" motard wheels only. I'm looking to get dirt rims and tires. i can buy a set of 08 yz450f rims front and rear. will they fit? i have looked around in other threads but have not came up with anything specific for my situation. any other year/size yzf wheels fit.

Attached Thumbnails

• wr450.jpg
  • wr450 2.jpg

• GuyGraham

Posted May 19, 2015 - 04:19 AM

YZ/YZF are 19" rear

The fronts don't have speedo drive

So if you want a speedo drive and an 18" rear then you need WR wheels

YZ250 / YZF/WR450's have 2.15ins wide rear rim, YZ125 / YZF/WR250's have narrower 1.85ins rim

So, yes they will fit, but you will have no speedo drive and the rear will be 19ins x 2.15

2009 & up YZF's have a different reear hub so will not fit

Edited by GuyGraham, May 19, 2015 - 04:28 AM.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Krannie McKranface

Posted May 19, 2015 - 04:22 AM

They will fit, but you will need YZ wheel spacers

As mentioned, you probably don't want a 19" rear wheel, unless you are riding groomed indoor tracks.....

• grayracer513

Posted May 19, 2015 - 08:24 AM

The 19" rear is better for any and all MX work, groomed or not.  The tires are significantly lighter than the 18" alternatives, and that has a definitely discernible effect on handling, both on the ground and while airborne.   For most off-road and trail riding, the 18" puts more rubber between the ground and the rim, which lets you use less pressure without pinch flats, which in turn improves the ability to crawl over odd obstacles such as rocks and roots.  For desert riding and racing it's a personal preference toss-up between the favorable high speed qualities of the 19" and the favorable lower speed abilities of the 18".  

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.