DR. D Hot start Bulk buy

60 replies to this topic
  • Guest_Guest_*

Posted February 20, 2002 - 08:33 PM

Originally posted by snomoboy:
You guys give me 15 orders, and I'll get them to you for $75.

Greg

Motofrugals home

:D Snomo.......
where is your store or shop or whatever.....
I am in Tooele and would love to stop by sometime.
I see you are in Price but where?
Just to make you a little jealous , I am headed up to West YellyRock this next wk for a couple of what should be EPIC daze!!!
Snow M/T/W/T wooooohoooo!!!!! Sweet.
After I get back from vaca , these friggin Olympics will be gone and so should the snow so I can get back on the thumper!!! maybe out at the Knolls or Jericho!!!! :D

PS
kind of a bad Registration to TT date dont you think???? :) :D

[ February 20, 2002: Message edited by: THUMPIN' ROCK HUCKER ]

• #1_Hit-man

Posted February 21, 2002 - 03:51 AM

Originally posted by snomoboy:
You guys give me 15 orders, and I'll get them to you for $75.

Greg

Motofrugals home

I think if you count above you, you will have more than 15 orders. :) THANX! ~Hitman~

• firejake69

Posted February 21, 2002 - 08:08 AM

So whats up Greg, are we gonna do this or not?

• SealClubber

Posted February 21, 2002 - 08:15 AM

75 BUCKS!!! SOLD TO THE LOWEST BIDDER!! :)

• BackwardHick

Posted February 21, 2002 - 09:07 AM

I'm in at $75

• #1_Hit-man

Posted February 21, 2002 - 09:07 AM

Originally posted by firejake69:
So whats up Greg, are we gonna do this or not?

I sent greg an e-mail at his site. Click on his site and send an e-mail. I guess if he gets enough, he will give us that price. Don't forget to say your a TTer :) ~Hitman~

[ February 21, 2002: Message edited by: #1 Hit-man ]

• #1_Hit-man

Posted February 21, 2002 - 09:08 AM

[ February 21, 2002: Message edited by: #1 Hit-man ]

• h_bomb

Posted February 21, 2002 - 12:38 PM

Im ready to buy 75$ to my door step and tax of course. :)

• BajaBoundMoto

Posted February 21, 2002 - 12:54 PM

I just gotta say, I think it's so funny how so many people won't spend $100 on a product that really works, but they will spend the cash on a set of goofy-ass looking grafics. Or even more on some hop-ups that make the bike faster even though the rider, in all reality, can't ride the bike to it's potential anyway.
The DR.D hotstart is awesome. It works like a charm. It's designed and built very nicely.
Throw down the hundie, or work whatever a deal if you can. It's a great part.

Tim

• #1_Hit-man

Posted February 21, 2002 - 03:47 PM

Originally posted by BajaBoundMoto:
I just gotta say, I think it's so funny how so many people won't spend $100 on a product that really works, but they will spend the cash on a set of goofy-ass looking grafics. Or even more on some hop-ups that make the bike faster even though the rider, in all reality, can't ride the bike to it's potential anyway.
The DR.D hotstart is awesome. It works like a charm. It's designed and built very nicely.

Tim

Whats wrong with trying to save some money? We all know the mark up on this sport and others are way high.
So if we can save some money and someone can make money still, then we both win. RIGHT!
If you got the money, you can spend the hundie. RIGHT! :) I'll do what ever dealing I can to save a hundie I don't have. RIGHT! :D ~Hitman~

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • meangreen75

Posted February 22, 2002 - 12:51 AM

Amen, Hitman just bought a TTR for the wife and I'm reeling. Gotta save some money somewhere.

• yama/YZFan

Posted February 22, 2002 - 06:20 AM

I just gotta say, I think it's so funny how so many people won't spend $100 on a product
that really works, but they will spend the cash on a set of goofy-ass looking grafics. Or
even more on some hop-ups that make the bike faster even though the rider, in all reality,
can't ride the bike to it's potential anyway.

Tim

I think that the hot start system makes starting a bit easier, but for 100.00? If racing YES, anything else, I guess it depends on how much cash you have. How can you be the judge? I know that I would rather look cool with graphics than have to reach down to pull the hot start on occasion. I don't have to look down to pull the hot start, I don't have a problem finding the hot start, why do I NEED this? I can think of a few things like a spark arrestor, maintenance items, safty gear, or a hydration system that would be much more important that a DIFFERENT hot start system, I don't know about you but mine works fine. I am still a fan of this idea and will buy one for the right price, but telling people to just "Throw down the hundie" sounds like you have a little money you might be able to help us all out with. Maybe you could be the one to help drive the price down by pitching in?

JW

Always accepting donations for dirtbike upgrades. Please email if you have money to throw my way.

• #1_Hit-man

Posted February 22, 2002 - 06:34 AM

LOL :)

• crazyadam

Posted February 22, 2002 - 09:26 AM

:D Yeah!! did we all just get sponsered? I'll pry the 75$ out O' the wallet... Can't throw down the hundoe though, I will also accept donations!!! :)

Greg... You helped me out with my *'s , I'm in.
Thanks

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted February 22, 2002 - 05:39 PM

SNOMO.........
I want to compliment you on your ambition and willingness to help out the fellow TTer's and I think it is important to thank DR. D for such a good product.
*****BUT****** :D
How can YOU sell them as a sencondary salesman for $75 but (this kinda makes me angree enuf to NOT buy one) ....Why does DR. D ,as the mfgr, have to charge 88bucks and he is the MFGR???**$%&@ :)
Once again THX FELLOW ROCKY MOUNTAINER!!!!
Honesty is a great virtue!
Much appreciated SNOMO
see ya in price maybe on the 2nd.......goin to Dubinky I think!! :D

• z4me

Posted February 23, 2002 - 04:22 AM

Think about it - if the manufacturer under sells their distributor, what incentive do the distributors have for carrying their product.

Maybe Dubach can start a factory seconds store for the pieces that get scratched in the CNC machine :)

• xracer144

Posted February 23, 2002 - 10:08 PM

Z- thats a great signature line, lol.

• bretman

Posted February 24, 2002 - 04:40 PM

Guy's Guy's 88 bucks is cheap .I'd take advantage of it .I have one for my 450 and it is a very nice product fit and finish are top notch.My ridding buddy has one on his 426 he was in a race and the dredded stall occured if not for the DR.D hotstart he probally would have got last .Think about it by the time DR.D pays for the materials and for someone to build it 88 dollars is cheap.Besides if we keep knocking the price down why would he want to come out with anymore new products for the 426.He has some great ideas hopefully yamaha will follow his lead and finally get that 426 down in weight .

[ February 24, 2002: Message edited by: bretman ]

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted February 24, 2002 - 06:28 PM

Well , I should clarify that I am not PO'ed about getting 2 great deals 75bucks and 88bucks beat all others. But I see snomo's point about selling to retail cust. for 10% off and that is it. I still just don't 100% understand why DR D would advertise 88bucks when there is potential to sell virtually HUNDREDS of these units at 70 or 75bucks.
Sometimes it just makes sense for a company to make exceptions such as this one. Make $15 on 200 units or make $33 on 60 or 70 units???!!! And bring back TONS of repeat and word of mouth business!!!
Don't get me wrong I appreciate all of the help and bargain .....Very much appreciated! :) :D

• Shawn_Mc

Posted February 26, 2002 - 01:54 PM

thumpin Dr.D doesnt want to under cut his dealers too much simply because he's dead with out the dealers period. Why would you as a dealer want to carry a product you can get from the Manufacturer cheaper? Most of the time, when a deal (IE Parts Direct or Chapparal) takes on a new product for stock, there is an agreement or an understanding on what the man. suggested retail is, to allow the market place to find its equilibrium at the retailer level as opposed to the wholesale level. If ya want to get fired up at someone, get fired up at the local guys gettin full retail, better yet just go shopping for a better deal.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.